PDA

View Full Version : Calling all experienced childminders or minders involved in study!

butterfly
20-02-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm trying to fill in gaps in my MEd project but have a few left which I just can't fill!

Does anyone remember or have any knowledge of any research done about how the original Foundation Stage Curriculum Guidance (2000) impacted on childminders?

From what I can see only Accredited childminders had to use it but does anyone know anything about it or remember how it impacted on you?

sdean
20-02-2012, 10:17 AM
have you tried contacting your local authority childcare team? they may have some info? just a thought. Hope you find it!

The Juggler
20-02-2012, 01:42 PM
there is some info in the REPEY research project (Siraj Blatchford et al) but again might only be accredited minders.

I think you are right and that only those offering nursery education had to follow it.:thumbsup:

Penny1959
20-02-2012, 02:02 PM
When I first became a network coordinator in 2003 and the network became accredited at end of 2003 I had to use this document to advise and assess the acredited childminders.

It was only for accerdited childminders and was not an easy document to work with - as childminders offerring nursery education were few and far between - accessing training or working in partnership with other providers was a nightmare.

Even as network coordinator I found it difficult to get support and information that I could pass on to the accredited childminders.

If you have any specific questions I will do my best to help.

Penny :)