PDA

View Full Version : Little annoyed

kel1983
19-02-2012, 10:02 AM
One of my parents are advertising for childcare. :eek: This was a complete shock she hadnt mentioned anything to us what so ever.

Ok so the little one comes to me on a friday and every other saturday. She is the only one I have on a Saturday and only charge her £5 per hour when I know I could be charging more.

Basically her little one goes to a private nursery out of town where we are unable to collect her from anyway and dont hve the extra space for after school hours. She is advertising for a part-time nanny to collect her and take her back to the childs home and have her all day friday and saturdays.

This little one has not been with me for the last couple of weeks as her mum has been off with her for half term.

The mum is so unreliable so it wont be a big loss anyway, but to find out this way is horrible especially as she was my first mindee. The mum is aware that i'm on the childcare website too.

rickysmiths
19-02-2012, 10:11 AM
I don't think I would get to exercised about it. It does sound as if its a surprise, it may take the parents a while to find someone suitable and it is their prerogative to do this.

I always advertize on FIS that I have vacancies. I don't always but have learnt over the years that even the most stable of families can up and leave unexpectedly. This happened to me last year when a parent was offered a plum job 300 miles away and a child who started with me in Sept is leaving because Dad has unexpectedly been offered a job for 2 years abroad.

jane5
19-02-2012, 06:54 PM
I wouldnt take this to heart because if they are having problems with child care for the days you can not do then having a nanny will be the best option for their family.

I would start advertising and if you can fill the place then I would because they will leave if the right nanny comes along.

sarah707
19-02-2012, 08:38 PM
I would be annoyed too - not because the mum is looking for someone who can fulfil all her childcare needs, that's fair enough.

I would be cross because she hadn't told me what she was doing. I invest a lot of my time and care and love into each child who comes here and it would hurt me a great deal to think parents did not appreciate that.

Hugs xxx

miffy
19-02-2012, 09:20 PM
I would be upset too that mum hadn't mentioned it.

She is probably seeing if she gets any response first - if not she will leave things as they are so probably didn't want to rock the boat by telling you.

Miffy xx

kel1983
20-02-2012, 07:52 AM
I would be annoyed too - not because the mum is looking for someone who can fulfil all her childcare needs, that's fair enough.

I would be cross because she hadn't told me what she was doing. I invest a lot of my time and care and love into each child who comes here and it would hurt me a great deal to think parents did not appreciate that.

Hugs xxx

A little sad that I may lose this little one but know that different childcare is needed for the family as situation has changed.

It is because she hasnt told me I'm annoyed. She is so unreliable she will probably just text and say she isnt coming here anymore :angry:

I am advertising anyway as I have a full time space to fill. Just seems really quiet round here at the moment.

boxtree7
20-02-2012, 07:54 AM
I would have to mention it to mum - I would probably even consider terminating the contract. I would be really annoyed as I give a lot of time to the children in my care.

Mollymop
20-02-2012, 07:56 AM
She could have told you she was advertising - at least it would give you some extra notice that they are looking into leaving. :mad:

I would have to tell her I saw her advert and that I was annoyed by it as would have thought she would have told me she was advertising

angeldelight
20-02-2012, 08:03 AM
I would have to ask her about it

She might put your mind at ease, hopefully

Keep us posted

Angel xx

kel1983
20-02-2012, 10:12 AM
I would have to mention it to mum - I would probably even consider terminating the contract. I would be really annoyed as I give a lot of time to the children in my care.

Oh believe me the first thing I though of was to give her notice. Get in their first