PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with a few Qs!

SarahJellybean
19-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Hello I have just registered here - but I have been lurking around reading for a few weeks now!
I have attended the Childminder Registration Briefing Session and am booked on the Childminding Course in March so I am hoping to be registered some time in Summer!

Anyway my few Questions (and I will probably have more over the next few weeks)

1. Am I right in thinking there is no way to get hold of the EYFS pack aside from printing it out? Is it just the main part I need to print or the cards aswell?

2. What else should I be doing to prepare for registering? Should I be booking a first aid course etc before the other course?

SarahJellybean
19-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Next Q is a bit different, I appreciate you've probably heard the oters a million times before!

3. My downtairs loo has a door like this http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7014288/Trail/searchtext%3EFOLDING+DOOR.htm

we replaced it so could fit the washing machine in there and have dishwasher in kitchen. Would this affect my registration? I can still (just about) fit to put my 2 year old on the loo, and there is a stool next to washing machine so she can reach sink for handwashing. I also used to change her nappy on a mat on top of the washing machine, would this still be ok?

SarahJellybean
19-02-2012, 10:11 AM
3. (this one is a bit different!) I have a door like this on my downstairs loo: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7014288/Trail/searchtext%3EFOLDING+DOOR.htm

Would this affect me registering? We changed the door to fit washing machine in, can still fit in to use loo (my knees almost touch washing machine but not quite) and sink is still accesible for handwashing.

melco
19-02-2012, 10:25 AM
I booked my first aid course and did it before pre reg course but its up to you, you just can't register until the first aid course is done. On the pre reg course they will tell you all that you need to have done before they come. I made the mistake of panicking and getting too much done so don't worry. If you are unsure and need to check anything before your pre reg just come on here I got lots of help before mine.

You will need to print off the EYFS but don't worry about the cards.

HTH

Mel x

melco
19-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Looking at the the door, it should be fine. I have a washing machine in my toilet too which I was worried about, but I just put in my risk assessment that I will not use the washing machine while the children are about, it will be switched off and the door closed. Not sure about changing nappies on top though if it was me I would find a different place.

Mel x

SarahJellybean
19-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Thanks :-) Sorry for posting twice, I didn't read the first time that I had to wait for my posts to be approved! :panic:

I think I will try and get on a first aid course asap, I will have a sort through the paperwork from the briefing today and look at the providers recommended.

It all add up to be quite pricey, setting up as a childminder.. I can't wait till everything that needs paying for has been paid for so i can see how much i have left for toys!

SarahJellybean
21-02-2012, 05:32 PM
I have another question which I asked on the end of another thread but I don't think anyone has seen it!

I understand my certificate will say the number or children I can look after does not include my own children (they will be 5 and 2 when I start) but what if say my dh takes them out for the day or my sister picks them up to stay at hr house for a few days in summer. Will I not be able to look after 2 extra in their place?

mama2three
21-02-2012, 06:38 PM
I have another question which I asked on the end of another thread but I don't think anyone has seen it!

I understand my certificate will say the number or children I can look after does not include my own children (they will be 5 and 2 when I start) but what if say my dh takes them out for the day or my sister picks them up to stay at hr house for a few days in summer. Will I not be able to look after 2 extra in their place?

no , unfortunately not. your children remain your responsibility and within your numbers regardless of whether they are actually present.
Its likely you will be registered for 4 children , 2 under 5 of which 1 can be under 1, and 2 5-8s