PDA

View Full Version : milk

nicola1981
18-02-2012, 12:16 PM
i use the reimbursement option for milk.

i just wondered can you claim for milk for you school aged children who are under 5 too (rising 5's) either all year or hols only

sonia ann
18-02-2012, 02:33 PM
"The Nursery Milk Scheme enables:
Children under 5 to receive free of charge 189 ml (1/3 pint) of milk for each day they attend approved day care facilities for 2 hours or more."

I have always claimed for children until their 5th birthday as long as they are at my house for at least 2hrs eg time either before/after school

Mouse
18-02-2012, 02:54 PM
I think it would depend whether the school is supplying milk and whether the children are with you for 2 hours or more each day.

Children are entitled to one allowance a day, no matter how many settings they attend. If school was claiming, you could only claim in the holidays. If school wasn't claiming, and as long as the children are with you for 2hrs, then i don't see why you couldn't claim. I did think the 2 hrs had to be in one session though, not an hour before school & and hour after.

You should really phone NMRU to double check. They are very helpful :thumbsup:

sonia ann
18-02-2012, 04:23 PM
I think it would depend whether the school is supplying milk and whether the children are with you for 2 hours or more each day.

Children are entitled to one allowance a day, no matter how many settings they attend. If school was claiming, you could only claim in the holidays. If school wasn't claiming, and as long as the children are with you for 2hrs, then i don't see why you couldn't claim. I did think the 2 hrs had to be in one session though, not an hour before school & and hour after.

You should really phone NMRU to double check. They are very helpful :thumbsup:

yes the 2hrs has to be in one session, I have a minimum session of 2hrs after school
our first school does not claim the free milk allowance so for me it is not a problem, but as Mouse says if they are having it at school then it may be different so worth checking

nicola1981
18-02-2012, 06:20 PM
thanks, yes they get it at school so will claim for hols until 5th birthdays (every little helps as they say ... lol) :)

dette
18-02-2012, 08:37 PM
I might be wrong but i think you have to declare the milk money as income.Could someone tell me if this is right or not..

sonia ann
18-02-2012, 09:21 PM
yes you put it in expenses ie how much you paid then record the reimbursement as income x

the NCMA accounts book even has a space for it