PDA

View Full Version : saw this on the news this morning...

WibbleWobble
18-02-2012, 11:54 AM
and thought "great, yet another way for disgruntled parents who just want to get back at us to kick us in the teeth"

well it doesnt seem to cover childminders...yet....but i can see it doing so soon and becoming very very nasty.

http://www.goodcareguide.co.uk/

mandy xxxxxx

allison
18-02-2012, 11:59 AM
i saw it too :panic:
lets wait and see what happens with it

Kiddleywinks
18-02-2012, 12:06 PM
I've just seen it too - not happy :panic:

Ofsted had involvement apparently :http://news.uk.msn.com/care-providers-reviewed-on-website

Done a local search to me, no childminders on as yet, but addresses and maps of current providers are... makes me wonder if Ofsted's uturn about publishing addresses has something to do with it

PixiePetal
18-02-2012, 12:07 PM
I saw it too and was going to look into it - thanks for the link :(

can see disgruntled parents getting on there with comments we see on another site :rolleyes:

Pandypops
18-02-2012, 12:10 PM
One of out local Outstanding nurseries has a really bad review on there already - ouch!! It is well known in the area that they are a bit rubbish.

I would be so upset to see a bad rating for myself on there :(

wellybelly
18-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Trip advisor lets managers / owners respond to consumers comments. We wouldn't be allowed to do this because of breaking confidentiality rules.

It seems very unfair.

Ripeberry
18-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Home care for the elderly is on there as well. I can see lots of disgruntled Home care workers coming on there and giving reviews and I don't think many will be that good either :mad:

Baildon bears
18-02-2012, 03:55 PM
The problem is peolpe only tend to review if they have a complaint, There are always two sides to the story and someones buisness could protentialy get ruined by it, it seems so unfair:mad:

snufflepuff
18-02-2012, 04:06 PM
I don't think this is a good idea at all. Firstly, people don't often say when they think something is good, but will tell as many people as possible when they think something is bad. Secondly, most parents know very little about what being a childcarer entails so cant always judge accurately.

It's open to abuse really isn't it- parent expects childminder to do what they ask, when they ask for it, and for no extra charge. When childminder says they can't do this parent leaves a review stating that the childminder is not flexible! Same for those parents who leave without paying fees....how many of us have had parents suddenly complain to ofsted even though they have always been perfectly happy with your service, simply because they want to get out of paying?? This will be just the same.

zippy
18-02-2012, 08:10 PM
I can understand peoples concerns, but the other day a new parent of mine put a review on the childcare site about a previous childminder and even though she kept it fair and listed good as well as bad points the childminder in question simply deleted her profile and started a new one. If anything the parent was extrememly restrained in her review of childminder, she is notorious around here.