PDA

View Full Version : Doctors Report

Cazz
25-05-2008, 08:43 PM
As I've never had to request one before I was wondering how detailed the info Ofsted require the doctor to provide?

The reason I ask is that I am going to send off my application in the next couple of weeks but I have been experiencing some lightheadedness recently and although I don't think it is anything serious (well I hope not), if my doctor wanted to give me a blood test or any other tests would he disclose the information in his report? (I.e. results may not be back by then). It quite often feels like the start of a migraine but I either take some paracetamol or it seems to go after a while - so I'm hoping it's that.

I'm thinking I should see the doctor for peace of mind but I don't want anything to jeopardise my application so Ofsted say I can't childmind. I'm wondering if I should send off the application and then visit the doctor if I am still experiencing this or will it take weeks for them to get the doctors report?

Sorry if this seems a bit silly. :blush:

Carole x

breezy
26-05-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm not sure, but either way you need to see the doctor for your health, so why dont you ask his/her advice on what to do about form? Hopefully if it's a minor health problem it wont affect minding, after all we all get ill at times.

jw19nr
27-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Do you already have the application pack? If you do, the doctors form is in the application pack. You could go to your doctors tomorrow, get them to fill it the form, and then when its done, then book the appointment. I know its checky, but only the same as if you had already sent it off before you had the problem?

Cazz
27-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Thanks - I was coming on here to say that I have found the answer to my question as I have discovered the health form in the pack! That'll teach me to look through things more thoroughly in the future!

I think (well I hope) that it is a recurring sinus problem but dh got me all worried when he kept saying that I was showing symptoms that could be diabetes! Hopefully not - I was tested for that when I was pregnant last year and it was all clear. Don't know if something like diabetes affects Ofsted's decision to grant registration? (I think I'm being paranoid now!)

Carole x

miffy
27-05-2008, 09:42 PM
I think you should ask your GP then at least he can set your mind at rest.

Diabetes like lots of illnesses has many symptoms so if you're worried get it checked out properly.

Good luck with your application

miffy xx

angeldelight
27-05-2008, 09:42 PM
Dont worry Carole

I think you will be fine

Good luck

Let us know how it goes

Angel xx

Cazz
27-05-2008, 10:00 PM
I did phone the surgery this morning and the first appointment I can have is on MONDAY at 3.10pm! Unless symptoms get worse or I am really concerned in which case I must phone at 8.00am (on the dot?) and they will try and get me an emergency appointment the same day!

Wonderful isn't it - you need a crystal ball around here to predict when you'll need to see a doctor!

Carole x

angeldelight
27-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Sounds just like my doctor

Angel xx

miffy
28-05-2008, 06:30 AM
It really annoys me that you can't get to see a dr when you're ill

Our drs now have a triage nurse to prioritise patients - all that ends up happening is you explain your symptoms twice not once but you don't get to see the dr any quicker!

miffy xx