PDA

View Full Version : Audit by Computershare Childcare Vouchers

Minstrel
17-02-2012, 01:45 PM
This lunchtime i received two emails from Computershare Vouchers. The first thanked me for ammending my details and the second was informing me my account had been suspended pending me sending them a copy of my OFSTED certificate.

I've just called them to confirm the emails were genuine as I haven't amended any details, and they have confirmed that they are. They have been asked to do a full audit by HMRC and so childminders should look out for these emails and act on them quickly if you rely on the vouchers being paid on time.

:)

christine e
17-02-2012, 01:49 PM
thanks for info going to check my inbox now

Cx

mama2three
17-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Thanks , havent had the email yet but will watch out for it. Fairly sure i had to submit my ey no. when I set up the account though.

rickysmiths
17-02-2012, 02:08 PM
I had a voucher company contact me last week for this and I phoned them back on a number I had for them and ended up speaking to the guy who had rung me :laughing: They were asking for a copy of my Reg Cert. This has reminded me I must send it to them.

Minstrel
17-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Thanks , havent had the email yet but will watch out for it. Fairly sure i had to submit my ey no. when I set up the account though.

Yes I sent them a copy of my certificate when I set mine up too but they are just double checking against fraud etc.

Some people are more likely to have been selected if they've had any changes since setting up the account. I haven't had any changes but I've still been chosen.

Minstrel
17-02-2012, 02:16 PM
I had a voucher company contact me last week for this and I phoned them back on a number I had for them and ended up speaking to the guy who had rung me :laughing: They were asking for a copy of my Reg Cert. This has reminded me I must send it to them.

Is this for a different company then rickysmiths? Will be on the look out for the rest of them contacting me then- I receive vouchers from 4 or 5 different ones!

Mouse
17-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the warning. I'll keep a look out ofr emails coming through as I'm registered with lots of different companies.

What is it they're checking for?

rickysmiths
17-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Is this for a different company then rickysmiths? Will be on the look out for the rest of them contacting me then- I receive vouchers from 4 or 5 different ones!

Yes I don't have Compushare Vouchers. I can't think off hand it was one who I have been with for a long time and they hadn't asked for a copy of my Cert in the first place. He did say they were asking everyone though for their latest details so it sounds as if they may all be doing checks.

Minstrel
17-02-2012, 02:41 PM
She just said something along the lines of 'We just have to make sure we're not giving money to anyone we shouldn't'

She also said that my details didn't tally with the information that OFSTED had given them which is odd as nothing has changed (apart from my ratios so maybe they compare certificates literally and my current one would be different to the original i sent them two yrs ago). Hey ho they are entitled to see it so obey I must! :~)

miffy
17-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Thank you Minstrel, not been contacted yet but will keep an eye out.

Does this mean HMRC are checking up on childminders or on parents or both?

Miffy xx

dobby
06-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Just wanted tpo add to this that I know alot of people who have had problems with computershare (formally Busy Bees) recently. One parent had been paying her nursery for almost six months and the money was going from her account to computershare, but they were not paying it to the nursery!

Apparently they are doing a "data purge" and alot of childcare settings are having payments suspended without knowing. When her nursery contacted them they were quite shirty and were adament that they would have had a letter or email.

catminder
06-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the info, I'll keep a look out for any emails from them.

dobby
06-03-2012, 12:42 PM
I would also keep an eye out for any payment anomolies as the Nursery said they did not recieve any info at all.