PDA

View Full Version : Pancake Day...

Pandypops
17-02-2012, 11:18 AM
....is my favourite celebration of the year. I love that we can make and eat pancakes all day and call it an activity and educational for the children - brilliant!!

What is everyone doing for the day (apart from eating!), any other fun activity ideas I can do with a bunch of 1 year olds?

Roll on Tuesday, I have my jiffy lemon poised and waiting to squirt.....

mindingmummy08
17-02-2012, 12:00 PM
I LOVE pancake day! I make a huge deal out of it with my own family, last year we had a pancake fest where we had pancakes for every meal. First was American Pancakes with fruit, then English Pancakes with Lemon and for tea we had this

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/3310/spinach-pancakes-with-smoked-trout-and-prawns.aspx

I plan on doing it again this year though I'll prob make the american pancakes the night before, do english pancakes as an activity together and find a simple savoury recipe for tea. But that recipe from last year was amaaazing!

I've printed some pancakes out and I'm going to print some toppings like strawberrys etc to glue on each and colour in for an activity. And I was thinking pancake tossing with playdough pancakes we roll ourselves.

:)

Pandypops
17-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Recipe = YUM!!

Playdough pancakes - fab idea, we are making some long-overdue new playdough on Monday so this is great idea. Thanks :)