PDA

View Full Version : I thought I read it all... OH my days

NicoleW
17-02-2012, 09:34 AM
http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/children-parenting-190/general-parenting-192/721509-how-do-i-keep-eye-childcare.html

I should know better than to go on NM but I am flabbergasted!

cara1235
17-02-2012, 09:52 AM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Totally speechless:eek::eek::eek::eek:

~Chelle~
17-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Shocking :eek::eek:

And i see Angela D is still doing her childminder bashing on there, another reason why I don't go on Netmums anymore, the place is full of trolls!

Jellytots79
17-02-2012, 09:57 AM
:eek: Does he really believe that he is going to get a toy and do this??

mama2three
17-02-2012, 10:01 AM
trolls! So frustrating as the are many people wanting genuine advice.

wendy222
17-02-2012, 10:03 AM
hi i have just joined netmum wots it like xxx

Mollymop
17-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Disgusting!! I was so cross when I read that. I hope he takes my advice LOL

Bear23
17-02-2012, 10:29 AM
goodness me

the send a bodyguard with mindeee comment did make me laugh tho:laughing::laughing:

i don't go on net mums, pile of poop.

Trouble
17-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Disgusting!! I was so cross when I read that. I hope he takes my advice LOL

i liked it xxxx

Mollymop
17-02-2012, 10:37 AM
i liked it xxxx

hehehe:laughing:

cabby
17-02-2012, 10:45 AM
:eek::eek::eek: there are no words..........................................

breezy
17-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Oh no mindee came this morning with Spongebob toy, gonna have to rip it apart now looking for mics and cameras:littleangel:

silvermist
17-02-2012, 10:55 AM
OMG! Just had a look, I cant believe I've just read that! .Secret Service wannabe. What a wally! :ROFL1:

Bear23
17-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Oh no mindee came this morning with Spongebob toy, gonna have to rip it apart now looking for mics and cameras:littleangel:

:laughing::laughing:

silvermist
17-02-2012, 11:05 AM
oooooh you'd better watch it! As long as you sew it up again Im sure no one will notice!:laughing:

Pandypops
17-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Ha ha - surely this is a joke right??

I have serious paranoia now - best go check the walls with my toy stethoscope and glass for listening devices and look for marks on the children where microchips may have been inserted....

silvermist
17-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Ha ha - surely this is a joke right??

I have serious paranoia now - best go check the walls with my toy stethoscope and glass for listening devices and look for marks on the children where microchips may have been inserted....

:ROFL1: Its even more funny coz the guy seems genuinely serious!!!

NicoleW
17-02-2012, 11:44 AM
hi i have just joined netmum wots it like xxx

It's a brilliant site. IF

- You don't give your children fruit shoots
- You don't pierce your children's ears
- You don't allow video games to be played by children of not the appropriate age
- You don't take your children to any fast food
- You only cook from scratch
- You don't have a TV in the children's bedroom
- You only allow one program a day for children
- You are not on benefits
- You are not in a council house
- You don't call your children 'sexy'
- You don't allow programs like Jeremy Kyle on during the day whilst the kids are there
- You never swear infront of your children
- You don't let your children out to play unsupervised
- You don't wean before 6 months
- You give a child/baby juice to drink instead of water
- Your LO doesn't have a dummy or bottle at the age of 3
- You don't have pets around children

I am sure there are plenty of others :)

debbie1
17-02-2012, 12:49 PM
how would he feel if his child minder thought the baby was unusually quiet due to problems at home i think he is a moron and should stay at home and do the job himself :eek::angry:

onceinabluemoon
17-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Bless him ROFL, I think he needs to give up work and care for his little one himself.

loopyloopy
17-02-2012, 01:16 PM
It's a brilliant site. IF

- You don't give your children fruit shoots
- You don't pierce your children's ears
- You don't allow video games to be played by children of not the appropriate age
- You don't take your children to any fast food
- You only cook from scratch
- You don't have a TV in the children's bedroom
- You only allow one program a day for children
- You are not on benefits
- You are not in a council house
- You don't call your children 'sexy'
- You don't allow programs like Jeremy Kyle on during the day whilst the kids are there
- You never swear infront of your children
- You don't let your children out to play unsupervised
- You don't wean before 6 months
- You give a child/baby juice to drink instead of water
- Your LO doesn't have a dummy or bottle at the age of 3
- You don't have pets around children

I am sure there are plenty of others :)

Soooo funny but very true :)

watgem
17-02-2012, 01:18 PM
am totally speechless!

rickysmiths
17-02-2012, 01:20 PM
I'd take him on and have his camera if he was willing to pay me circa £40,000 a year in fees so I don't need to take on any other children!!!!!!

mummyMia
17-02-2012, 01:55 PM
I can sort of see why he would want to do this. When I used a childminder previously I didn't really trust her completely for a number of reasons and would have quite liked to film her just for a few days. I don't think I would have ever actually done it but it did cross my mind several times. A search on google will show you that there are lots of toys available out there with hidden "nannycams". I think there are many parents with similar concerns. When I have mindees I always assume that I may be being secretly recorded.

stargazer1
17-02-2012, 02:05 PM
This has actually made my blood boil!!!!! If he has that much of a problem with childcare then how about you stay at home and look after your own child???????????????????? Jeepers. Honestly, if someone EVER felt the need to check up on me like that then he would have notice on the spot. I hope that my relationship with parents and children will be based on respect and trust. I can't believe he actually posted that!!

stargazer1
17-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Hmmmmm maybe we should all start sending "nannycams" home in the child's bag to spy on the parents????

rickysmiths
17-02-2012, 02:19 PM
I can sort of see why he would want to do this. When I used a childminder previously I didn't really trust her completely for a number of reasons and would have quite liked to film her just for a few days. I don't think I would have ever actually done it but it did cross my mind several times. A search on google will show you that there are lots of toys available out there with hidden "nannycams". I think there are many parents with similar concerns. When I have mindees I always assume that I may be being secretly recorded.

Are you really serious? :eek: I would be livid and give instant notice if I ever discovered a parent had dared to do this to me in my own home without my consent.

Illegal if they have not asked first.

Breach of Confidentiality with regard to me and my family who do live in this house as well and of the other children in my care and their parents and any parents who may be visiting me to see if they want to use my care.

Never mind down right rude.

I wonder how the parent would feel if I hid some kind of devise on the mindee or their bag or a toy for them to take home? I doubt they would be too impressed.

mummyMia
17-02-2012, 03:54 PM
[/COLOR]

Are you really serious? :eek: I would be livid and give instant notice if I ever discovered a parent had dared to do this to me in my own home without my consent.

Illegal if they have not asked first.

Breach of Confidentiality with regard to me and my family who do live in this house as well and of the other children in my care and their parents and any parents who may be visiting me to see if they want to use my care.

Never mind down right rude.

I wonder how the parent would feel if I hid some kind of devise on the mindee or their bag or a toy for them to take home? I doubt they would be too impressed.

I would not exactly be happy if someone did ever record me and I would give notice if I ever found out that somebody had. At the same time I know that lots of parents do have niggling suspicions about their childcarers and would love to "be a fly on the wall" so I think some might consider hidden cameras. Sorry, if my views offend anybody!