PDA

View Full Version : First official home visit today!

butterfly
17-02-2012, 09:31 AM
I have a new child starting in my setting this month and so have arranged the two usual settling-in sessions but this time, for the first time ever, I offered a home visit as part of the settling-in session and it was taken up by the parent!!

I will therefore be visiting the child in their own home today just after lunch!

I suggested I took over the paperwork that needed to be filled in and talked it through with the parent whilst playing with the child. That way any questions can be asked before the paperwork gets filled in (and I'm hoping that means it will all be filled in - present and correct!) and also the child will get to know me a little before coming to my house.

Can't wait to see how it goes!

Since doing my MEd dissertation on working with parents - I've definitely decided to approach parents professionally right from the word go and what I want to happen clear from the start! We'll see if that helps!

The next stage will be a formal meeting in 6-8 weeks time to discuss how settling-in went!

NicoleW
17-02-2012, 09:39 AM
I've thought about home visits, they sound like a very good idea to get to know a child in his or her surroundings.

I hope it goes well today :)

Misty Wood
17-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Wow, that sounds like a great idea. The idea of a child being comfortable in thier own home and you being a visitor is a great idea. One that I might use in the future, also makes your childminding service come across as more friendly.

Well thought out. Hope it goes well. Please post later to let us know how it went.

Tracy

janminder
17-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Something I have never done or even thought of doing, but actually sounds a very good idea. Will consider in the future.

Hope it goes well:)