PDA

View Full Version : when do you send home a mindee with a cold?

newandlearning
17-02-2012, 09:15 AM
hi all..

I was just wondering.. one of my mindees as come intoday rather forelorn with a cold.. glassy eyes.. blowing nose.. energy levels low.. parents said she was ok..

I'm just wondering at what stage do you send home mindees.. when they have a temperature? I know we all get colds like this.. my concern is me now catching this.. I know we can all get colds from anywhere.. but she is blowing her nose every 5 minutes :rolleyes::cool:

christine e
17-02-2012, 09:21 AM
If not well enough to take part in our routines, not up to go out on school runs, toddler sessions, going to the part etc then not well enough to be with me

Cx

Adiamond
17-02-2012, 09:26 AM
If not well enough to take part in our routines, not up to go out on school runs, toddler sessions, going to the part etc then not well enough to be with me

Cx

Just what I was going to say, I had a 3 year old here on Wednesday, snotty nose lethargic, flushed face and coughing according to mum she has been "fine", I sent home at 3.30 mum took lo to docs and poor lil lo has got a serious case of tonsilitis :eek: if I had known this before I would not have accepted her at all as I suffer from tonsilitis and everytime I get it it takes me a month to get over it completely and I cannot afford to be off work!!! x

jumpinjen
17-02-2012, 09:27 AM
I agree - if too unwell to take part in normal activities such as toddler groups/planned visits then they go home, but unfortunately catching a cold is inevitable when working with children that go to different settings and groups and i wouldn't feel right sending home for colds as you probably wouldn't refuse to have thier child and take unpaid leave when you or your children have a cold just in case their child caught it?!
jenx

newandlearning
17-02-2012, 09:42 AM
your thoughts are the same as me..

I said to Dad as long as LO can take part in our day today which is with 4 other lively kids then she's ok to come in.. but really she doesn't look well..

:panic::(:)

christine e
17-02-2012, 09:46 AM
your thoughts are the same as me..

I said to Dad as long as LO can take part in our day today which is with 4 other lively kids then she's ok to come in.. but really she doesn't look well..

:panic::(:)

If you don't think she is going to be able to cope then give Dad a call and ask him to collect

Cx