PDA

View Full Version : Crb Stuck at stage 4!!

silvermist
16-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Hi I've been tracking my crb and its still stuck at stage 4, I've read this can be the case for ages. Should I ring someone or do they automatically chase it up?

sarah707
16-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Stage 4 is a policeman's desk. they have a certain length of time to deal with it before it is chased.

if you are worried give them a ring and see what's happening :D

stargazer1
16-02-2012, 01:46 PM
How long have you been waiting? I'm pre-registered, had been waiting for CRBs. My came back within a fortnight, my partners took 14 weeks!! We live together, the forms went in on the same day, hes got no previous etc, just took forever!! I was phoning them constantly and they said a query had been raised at stage 4 as to what I was going to be doing (!!!) and then the Police at stage 4 get their 60 days to start again. I had my inspection on Monday, all went well, waiting for insurance and registration cert until she phones and tells me that there is a problem with other half's CRB, sand CRB have missed off one bit of his check so they are reapplying. I went a bit nuts and said theres no way I'm waiting another 14 weeks, inspector said she has no idea why it took that long, shes expecting it back in about a fortnight. We shall see. Cant believe I've finally got to this point just to have to do that ****** check again!!!:angry:

Bear23
16-02-2012, 01:51 PM
I remember mine being stuck there for ages, i nearly drove myself mad watching it online :laughing:

Least its nearly done, can't be too long for you xx

silvermist
16-02-2012, 03:25 PM
How long have you been waiting? I'm pre-registered, had been waiting for CRBs. My came back within a fortnight, my partners took 14 weeks!! We live together, the forms went in on the same day, hes got no previous etc, just took forever!! I was phoning them constantly and they said a query had been raised at stage 4 as to what I was going to be doing (!!!) and then the Police at stage 4 get their 60 days to start again. I had my inspection on Monday, all went well, waiting for insurance and registration cert until she phones and tells me that there is a problem with other half's CRB, sand CRB have missed off one bit of his check so they are reapplying. I went a bit nuts and said theres no way I'm waiting another 14 weeks, inspector said she has no idea why it took that long, shes expecting it back in about a fortnight. We shall see. Cant believe I've finally got to this point just to have to do that ****** check again!!!:angry:

Thanks for replying. I've been waiting about 2 weeks and its just sat at stage 4 which is sooooo annoying:angry:.I kind of wish I wasnt tracking it now because I just keep looking at it which does drive me bonkers, lol. I rang Ofsted to find out when my pre-reg is going to be and they told me they would request it now so Im hoping it happens quite soon.
Hope they get your crb sorted soon too. :)

stargazer1
16-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Let us know when urs comes back. I know, online tracking is the pits, u justt end up staring at the same screen!! x

silvermist
16-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Let us know when urs comes back. I know, online tracking is the pits, u justt end up staring at the same screen!! x

I'll keep you posted. As for tracking it online....I guess I'll just keep on staring and hitting the refresh button:rolleyes:

mrs coops
17-02-2012, 09:35 AM
I ended up calling the crb company as ofsted took it from 28 days of reaching stage 4 but the crb company took it from 28 days from stage 1 worth giving them a call hun good luck x

silvermist
17-02-2012, 11:51 AM
I have just rung the Crb company and was told, it could take six weeks! I asked if there was any way of finding out what the delay is and was then told. 'Its with the police and once they have done it, it will get it posted it me but it could just sit there for some time until they have the time to do it!' :mad:
Im getting really frustrated now as I have a waiting list now, plus I really need to earn some money!:mad:

stargazer1
18-02-2012, 07:14 AM
When we were waiting for my partners CRB said the Police at stage 4 have 60 days to complete that section. If they raise a query that 60 days starts again. Like I say, my partners took 14 weeks but to be honest, my inspector and everyone else I have spoken to have said they have never known one to take anywhere near that long, and there must have been a muck up somewhere that CRB decideded not to admit to. I'm sure it will be back soon enough, just for some reason some seem to take much longer than others :mad:

Jodie1989
18-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Keep calling, I phoned police directly as my crb had gone through like day after day with the stages, then got to stage four after two weeks I phoned every day, it was done two days after, I think they got fed up but I needed to start work as soon as possible.

silvermist
20-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Keep calling, I phoned police directly as my crb had gone through like day after day with the stages, then got to stage four after two weeks I phoned every day, it was done two days after, I think they got fed up but I needed to start work as soon as possible.

Hi Jodie, Do I ring my local police?

silvermist
20-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Ok, so my hubby gets his crb back today but mine still says its in stage 4! They were both sent off at exactly the same time!. Ive worked in a pimary school for the last 11 years so didnt think mine would take this long. Is it my local police station I need to ring to hurry it along?:mad:

Jodie1989
20-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Hi Jodie, Do I ring my local police?

I did, it annoys them but it does move on as they get fed up with you ringing, they put you through to data protection who deal with it. Mine had come and I explained that my partners was sent as the same time so shouldn't be two weeks later. Two days later I had it :)

silvermist
20-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Thanks for that. I do feel bit happier coz just got the date for my pre reg visit... next weds! :)

stargazer1
23-02-2012, 08:23 AM
Yay!!! Let us know how it goes. Good luck x