PDA

View Full Version : Making a pond into sand pit

kay24
16-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Hi all, recently moved house and new house has a pond. Currently dont allow children in garden but want it all sorted for summer and have a child myself who loves playing outside. Have been looking at posts and think its a great idea to make it into a sand pit but have no idea how to go about it. Sounds complicated when i looked online, can anyone give me or point me in the right direction of idiot proof instructions (oh not really a diy fan!) how do i make it into a sand pit. How much roughly did anyone else pay to do it all? Its a small pond in corner of reasonably small garden. Thanks x

jumping j
16-02-2012, 01:01 PM
hi, I had a small raised pond, the wall is a triangle shape and the pond was only the size of 2 washing up bowls with soil aroung it, all I did was take out the 'pond' and fill it with soil, the children love to dig in the soil and I got some cheap diggers and lorries from tesco with some little shovels and rakes. They do get messy but I'm just ready with some wipes when they come in!
Could you not drain the pond and just fill the lining with sand?
Probably much more complicated than that!!!

kay24
18-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Yeah thats all i thought too drain and fill with sand but when i looked online it seemed a lot more complicated and complicated usually is code for expensive! Think theres a special lining for it or something. Soil is a great idea too