PDA

View Full Version : Sickness bug fury

VeggieSausage
16-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Well i posted last week to say I had sent lo home from Family 1 as they had an upset tum, they tried to bring them the next day, I said no. Then my dd babysat for them later in the week and the older lo was sick everywhere - last thing they said to her was 'they say they feel sick but sure they will be ok' and went off for the night miles away.

Anyway all my other families came down with it over the weekend and have been off all week. Lo from family 1 came back monday - very quiet, didn't eat a thing for 3 days and was obviously recovering from the same bug as the others of D&V but they denied it. Last night my youngest dd has been sick all night every hour and this morning things are not much better - grrrrrr - I should have said no I refuse to have lo because I knew - hard as they weren't being sick and had been off the week before.

Why can't some people be more considerate - had to close for all my families for the rest of the week and my own dd is very poorly today :angry:

waterwaybabies
16-02-2012, 08:40 AM
can never understand it hun?

we are lucky to have parents that dont do this but it grinds my gears everytime i hear about someone not only risking the health of others but leaving their own child when it is ill.
i dont get it at all!
hugs to you.xxx

Mollymop
16-02-2012, 08:46 AM
It's not fair at all is it.
On Tues had a lo telling me she was sick everywhere that morning but mum denied it and said she just had a bit of phlem. I was cross but what can you do.

Hope you are all better soon x

stargazer1
16-02-2012, 02:06 PM
This really gets my goat!! One of the reasons I decided to childmind was finding it so hard to leave my kids with my mum if they were poorly, so I always seemed to be taking time off. I cannot understand parents who would want to leave their children so much that they can actually lie to a childcarer about how ill their LO is!! I know people have to work etc but what happened to your kids always coming first. I actually cannot think of anything worse than leaving my kids in childcare knowing they are feeling ill and just wanting mummy or daddy cuddles.

I have just had my pre-registration inspection, should be up and running in about a fortnight, and I've done a policy which i will give to all parents that states in no uncertain terms that if your child is ill, do not send them. If you do, I will phone you to come and collect. It's my home and I have my own children to think about. It shocks me how many parents are completely inconsiderate of that fact. To some we seem to be a service and thats it, a bit like the men that come and collect the bins every week or something :laughing:

mushpea
16-02-2012, 02:10 PM
had a parent that used to tell the school to give calpol wether the child was ill or not because mum didnt want to leave work and go and check on them,, child would complain of belly ache but apparently giving calpol and sending back to class then home to me is much better than the child going home to rest.

watgem
16-02-2012, 05:02 PM
i have some parents like this and one is a nurse! I'm going to photocopy the HPU sheet and highlight the d/v bit and give it to all the parents because I'm fed up of it too

Trouble
16-02-2012, 05:06 PM
This is one of the reasons i stopped childminding no need for parents to think its ok to send when kid is ill:angry::angry::angry:

VeggieSausage
17-02-2012, 01:05 PM
I am feeling slightly better today after being sick, dd is a lot better today, older dd was sick in the night and my dh is off work today as he feels sick - grrrr! Despite anti-bac'ing everything couldn't keep everyone from getting it, my other dd has de-camped to her dads house in the hope to escape it. Had to close obviously for all other families, lost money and all ill - not impressed. Since this particular family started I have had one thing after another, and am really fed up.:(

stargazer1
17-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Glad you're feeling a bit better. Its such a double edged sword for parents, I just don't understand it. Yes, they palm sick child off on you for a day so they can go to work - then you have to close for a week because your whole family are sick and then they have no childcare. Is it really worth it?? I can understand how cross you are, hope you all feel much better soon x

miffy
17-02-2012, 07:29 PM
I'm glad you're feeling better but I understand why you're so fed up with this family. If they are so much trouble I'd look to replace them ASAP

Miffy xx