PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed please

kat27
15-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and I'm currently in the process of registering. I've read a lot of threads on here to answer some common questions that I had regarding the pre-reg visit (im so nervous) I've done all my policies and procedures and risk assessments. One thing that I'm worried about is i called ofsted regarding this pre-reg booklet that people have been talking about working through, they advised me it was my local authority I was to get this from, so I called local authority and they have no idea what I'm talking about. They no longer offer a pre reg briefing session where I'm from due to council cuts. I've downloaded they EYFS from dept of eduation website, will that want me to know all this for my pre reg visit? So sorry for waffling only it feels like I'm going into this blind with no help from local authority. So confused, any advice would be welcome.
Many thanks in advance :o

sarah707
15-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Have a look in free downloads at the top of the forum - you will find the booklet there.

Good luck with your visit! If there's anything you are not sure about don't forget to come and ask :D

kat27
15-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Thanks so much, I'm sure i'll be picking your brains soon lol, there's so much to take in!
Kate:)

carli
16-02-2012, 12:06 AM
I am the same Kat27, Ive not been given much information either!! Luckily enough I did have the pre-reg booklet and yes it does seem to be a lot of questions in it... but I have been told by a few childminders that a lot of it is common sense....you can put your answers under each question and apparently read from your answers to the inspector?....ive just sent my forms to ofsted on monday 13th feb, and im worrying already myself about what they will ask!! lol....im just going to go through the questions again and try and remember it? but at the end of the day we are only human, and the inspectors will know we are going to be nervous....I have been keeping busy preparing the playroom and getting it up & ready-ish....I have had to sell my suite to pay for my training too!! We can only do our best! I just keep 'swatting' up the information I will need to know and think I may need to know? Good Luck......carli (Pre-Childminder) :thumbsup:

kat27
16-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Hi Carli, I'm glad I'm not the only one! Good to know someone in my boat. I sent my forms off end of Jan tracked my crb and its at stage 2. I work in the nhs at the mo and my area seems to deal with crbs quite quick so fingers crossed! You'll have to keep me updated if you get your visit before me (i'm so nervous) I'm the same as you been sorting out playroom etc, theres so much to do lol.
Kate :)

carli
02-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Hi Kat27, just to give you an update....all my paperwork has now been sent off to all the relevant people/departments, had to give consent to ofsted to make further enquiries about my health condition (hope this does not hold things up?) Today ive just paid the registration fee to ofsted, so its just a matter of waiting now.....hope you getting on well with your application etc, you will have to let me know how you're doing/getting on/where you are up..Carli. x

kat27
04-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Hi Carli,
i'm registering with my mum as my co childminder. I have 3 children of my own and its something my mum has also wanted to do so we thought we'd do it together from my property. She also had to give consent for extra info on her health as she had arthritis. Within a week of her sending the consent back she had an apt from ofsted to go for a medical.. All went fine and the doc has said he'll approve her with no restrictions which is good news. ( I wouldnt worry about that holding you up). We're waiting for mums crb its still on stage 4, mine and my partners were back within 2 weeks! I had a call from ofsted last Fri and they said my details have been passed to progress so they have 4 weeks from then to come and visit me! I'm sooo nervous, trying to cram all this info in and none of it is sticking lol!
Where abouts are you from?
Kate x:)

carli
19-04-2012, 10:38 PM
Hi Kat27, just an update to you....Im from Liverpool, south end....and just to let you know that I had my Registration visit on the 11th April and passed!!! :phew: lol...should have been on the 24th but she rang on the 10th with a cancellation to come out on the 11th!!!!! :eek: I just panicked but she was just so lovely even from that 1st phonecall....so its done & dusted!! Yayyyy!!! :clapping: How are you getting on/where are you up to.....Carli. xx