PDA

View Full Version : To Add Insult to Injury...

VINASOL
15-02-2012, 06:53 PM
A company who I advertised with has PUBLISHED which ROAD I live on without my permission am so ripping cross

littletreasures
15-02-2012, 07:01 PM
After seeing your other post, I typed in my telephone number and my details came up with a company called Cylex.

I haven't contacted them with my details, so I am really cross that they are advertising the road I live in, my phone number and working hours.

i have sent them an email telling them to remove me.

I hope you get things sorted x

VINASOL
15-02-2012, 07:07 PM
well i contacted mumsnet and told them that they were breaching data protection because i have NEVER (and would never) give out personal details such as the name of my road and they better flippin delete it and they have just done it.

I'm now tryign to get rid of my home number on CFIS - never ever thought it could be used against me -- always best to give a mobile out.

Also type in your name then registered childminder and you'll see what other information is listed about you

littletreasures
15-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Just done it. Nothing comes up for me except for this Cylex thing!

Just typed my friend's name in and that's come up too. She's not going to be very happy either!

watgem
15-02-2012, 07:36 PM
just done it too, got 13 pages up for my hubby's gas engineer business, some in foreign languages, luckily doesn't seem to be any for me, but it makes you think, I had no idea all this info was so easily available.

pat75
15-02-2012, 08:31 PM
just type my phone number and my details came up too. Can this Cylex put my details without my permission?:eek:

babs
15-02-2012, 08:56 PM
I typed in my phone number but only hubby disco comes up can't really do anything about that been as he's registered with yellow pages and local directory. nothing for me apart from listing on childcare.co.UK.

Tatjana
15-02-2012, 09:30 PM
I've found my details on Synergy FIS online, showing I have no vacancies....it's a good job I contact them every 30 days (as requested) to let them know I do have vacancies arggghhhhhhhhhhh:angry::panic::angry::panic:

Usual incompetence :eek:

Mollymop
15-02-2012, 09:33 PM
I have just googled my phone number and my name and address comes up. When I google my name my address, phone number, childminder comes up straight away. Not very happy about this, but I have advertised myself with lots of online companies, such as scoot, ivillage, - even 118 has all my details.
I am worried about all this too. I don't mind them having my name and phone number, but not my address for all too see!!!
I am going to have to spend an afternoon deleting all my adverts!

littlecheeks
16-02-2012, 10:26 AM
hello, just out of interest, you know ofsted are doing this new publishing childminder details on there website, does this mean you wont be agreeing to it?
just wondering what to do...
thanks

Mollymop
16-02-2012, 11:29 AM
hello, just out of interest, you know ofsted are doing this new publishing childminder details on there website, does this mean you wont be agreeing to it?
just wondering what to do...
thanks

No I won't be agreeing to it. If you look around the forum you will find a thread on the subject x