PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear. I think I need to do more fire drills

AliceK
15-02-2012, 04:19 PM
I'm just finishing cooking tea for everyone and there must be something on the bottom of the oven because as I'm stirring something with the oven door open the smoke alarm in the hall goes off. I must admit we didn't evacuate, don't want to burn the dinner :blush:. When I asked one of the 2 and half yr olds what do we do when the fire alarm goes off she said ''Have dinner'' :laughing:
Better do another practice soon I think

xxxx

sarah707
15-02-2012, 04:54 PM
My lot always know when it's me cooking :o:laughing:

Mouse
15-02-2012, 05:00 PM
lol! We used to have very sensitive smoke alarms.

At least I think it was...I'm sure it wasn't my cooking...:blush::laughing:

Joda
15-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Lol! Yes, I said the same last night - I was cooking tea for my own kids when mindee's had gone home, and the smoke alarm went off. My 2 just sat and continued to watch tv - when I asked them why they hadn't gone into the hall and stood by the front door when they heard it, (which is what they are supposed to do) they just looked at me blankly and said " but we knew it was only you cooking our tea"

blue bear
15-02-2012, 07:24 PM
We once had a fire in the kitchen and everyone just ignored the alarm! (not minding)

Tatjana
15-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Lol!! I've been saying to my eldest 2 for years now what to do when the alarm goes off, but still it's not quite sunk in...middle son always says "run" and the eldest keeps listing items he'll pick up to take :eek::laughing::laughing:

JCrakers
16-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Ive done several drills and gone through it with the mindees. SOme kids are quite good at remembering but whenever I do a drill the same 2 children just ignore the alarm and I have to basically go and get them (aged 8and 6yrs)
LOL