PDA

View Full Version : Resources

Kirsty90
15-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Hello,

Does anyone have any advice on the types of resources I should look in to buying please? I've only recently started minding and so far I've got a play kitchen with a trolley and food, dress up clothes, a pushchair and dolls, books, a few musical instruments and a lot of baby toys (rattles etc). I've read that a lot of people normally get specific things out on a morning for the children to choose from but I just have everything in two toy boxes that the children can choose anything they want during free play. Is there anything anyone can suggest for me to buy or a way of organising things better please?

Thank you :)

Jellytots79
15-02-2012, 05:21 PM
I am not a childminder yet so just going by what my children like to play with. Cars and garage, art and craft box, puzzles, ride-on cars and balls :)

jumping j
15-02-2012, 05:22 PM
hi,
I tend to buy new toys depending on the lo's interests, at the moment I have 3 boys who are very into cars and tractors and playing outside so I spend a lot of time searching car boots for things.
I started minding with a bag of mega blox, a wooden train set, dolls and clothes, kitchen and food and a few bits of ELC happyland (which has grown to a rather big collection thanks to Ebay!!). Then a selection of books and jigsaws for the older ones and some paints and paper.
I make different coloured playdough and the children enjoy making it with me!!!
I think alot of people have used ikea storage and Ive found it useful because it works as a low level surface for the children to play on and they can choose what they want to play with!
hope this helps!!
There's some pictures of my storage on my website
www.jumpingjacqui.co.uk

rosebud
15-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Find out if there is a toy library nearby before you start buying things, this can save you a fortune and its easy to ensure that you are changing toys as childrens interests change. I wouldn't rush and buy lots of stuff, wait and see what children you get first and remember that the best toys are cardboard boxes - and they're free!

I also use the Ikea storage but I have the tall shelves inside a cupboard (I don't have a playroom) and I just get out what the children want each day. I also have a few wicker baskets in the living room with toys for children to choose what they want.