PDA

View Full Version : how to get mindees?

sophieh
15-02-2012, 10:34 AM
I have just had all my Ofsted registration come through and am ready to go.......except I have no idea how to get mindees!! I have posted a profile on childcare uk and just bought flyers/postcards and car door magnets but suddenly ground to a halt!

Where did you guys advertise when you first got started? I'm currently only offering weekend and school holiday care and was told by so many people that there isn't enough of this for working parents but now I'm stuck! did you pay for newspaper adverts etc??

any advice welcome!!

The Juggler
15-02-2012, 11:15 AM
see if your local childrens' centre have a CM board, also get to know the manager and staff. do they have a drop in. once they get to know you they will recommend you to parents who are asking about spaces hon.

also advertise on netmums :thumbsup:

good luck

rosebud
15-02-2012, 11:22 AM
The hours you are willing to work are your "unique selling point" so you need to get this message across. Attend a childminding group if there is one nearby, you aren't going to be in direct competition with the other childminders so they will probably be happy to give out your number for these types of enquiries, they might even be willing to share work where parents need weekends as well as weekdays if they don't want to do the weekends. Find out if any of the local schools, pre-schools or nurseries are willing to send out flyers for you, preferably a few weeks before the next school holidays. Contact your Families Information Service and make sure they know you are offering weekends and out of school care so they give out your number for these enquiries. Ask your local children's centre if they would put up a poster for you (some will, some won't). Attend toddler groups and see if they will put up posters - make sure you advertise that you will do weekends, as not many minders will do them. Childcare.co.uk is a good idea and you can also try netmums.com.

Hope that helps.