PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted... Ggrrr

balijay
15-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Just an Ofsted-related rant really..

I phoned Ofsted about an urgent variation I have been waiting a week for last night, a lovely lady told me to phone back this morning and hopefully the variations team would look at it today for me. Thank you so much says I.

Phone back at 9am this morning - a different man says On no we couldn't possibly do that, it wouldn't be fair on the people who have been waiting longer for their decisions :angry:

Shall I phone back again later and see if I can get a nice person on the phone again :laughing:

boxtree7
15-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Yes phone back and take the person first name, surname ext. number so if you call again with regards a variation ask for the most helpful.

balijay
15-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Good idea to get their ext. number - will remember that in future :)

mama2three
15-02-2012, 10:41 AM
It really depends who you get - I had one granted within the same afternoon a couple of weeks ago.
When he says 'oh no that wouldnt be fair on the people waiting.... ask him how its fair that the service you recieve depends completely upon the mood of the person answering the phone!

rickysmiths
15-02-2012, 10:47 AM
It is possible to get a Variation quickly, I got one granted on the phone last Monday in 14 mins!

I suppose it depends on how urgent they see it and when you need it for. You may regard it as urgent because you need it for next week but they may not process it until later this week.

You no longer have to have the physical certificate in your hand in order to work with the Variation, it has to be online with your report and they do this instantly when they grant the Variation.

Have you checked online to see if it has been processed because they don't always let you know that they have done it.

balijay
15-02-2012, 10:55 AM
Thanks for that - yes I have noticed we don't need the actual certificate now which helps. Not working today so I can keep manically checking the website to see if they have done anything about it! It is just frustrating knowing that they can do things quickly when they feel like it. Would like to know by tomorrow but we will see!

QualityCare
15-02-2012, 11:27 AM
I phoned ofsted once for an urgent variation, a single parent was ill and couldn't look after her child, her mum was taking her to hospital and dropped child off to me on the way this was one that l had part time but not on the day she was ill or the day after, it took me over my numbers for the two days so to be on the safe side l phoned ofsted to inform them, nice man said "they needed more notice, not a phone call the morning the variation was for" l tried explaining the parent didn't know on Friday that she would be so ill on Monday morning, his reply was still the same in the end l thanked him for his help put the phone down and carried on minding.