PDA

View Full Version : screamer

jaytravis
15-02-2012, 09:29 AM
had a new child start last week she is 15 months and latvian her mum speaks very good english so dont think its a language thing the first day she came her dad brought her and she was sleeping she hadnt had long so asked dad when she needed waking up at she woke up screamingand her dad had to rush off to work . can understand why she was crying she had only met me once, woke up in a place she had only been to once , she came at 1,30 and cried till 5 she went at 6. next day was the same screamed till 5 then played happy, she is coming back tomorrow and i know she will be the same she is ok as long as she is sat on me which isnt possible really i have a 6 month baby which she hates me being near plus i have other mindees , noone can come near her talk to her whith out her screaming as soon as i stand up she starts screaming i explain that i am going to get up and fetch something or do something , got her 8-2.30 this week its a long time for her to cry any ideas im am drained by the time she has gone

LChurch
15-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Aww sounds like one that I have! No it isn't you, it is so hard for them, esp if like mine they come one day a week and if they are ill then it is even longer! We are finally getting a few smiles out of mine but still likes the comfort of the sofa! Although did venture off the sofa last week! But it is draining, do they speak English at home? I think some of it is that they don't understand what is being said around them and so are prob frightened about being in a strange environment etc.

sarah707
15-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Does the little one respond to picture books? You could do some very simple illustrations of things that might happen in her life - going to get her a drink (a drinks cup), going to the loo etc and use them alongside speech.

Hopefully over time she will respond positively to them. however it might take a few months so you will need to be prepared for that.

Hth :D