PDA

View Full Version : Really upset this morning :-(

lou246
15-02-2012, 09:28 AM
My parent dropped off her child this morning and started questioning me on her child getting picked on while he's here!
She said she had seen the 'child in questions' grandparents in morrisons and they had said their grandson had been picking on her son while he's in my care! This hasn't happened and the only person it could have possibly come from is 'the child in questions' mum! I have no idea why she would say that about her own son but there has been a time she's said the same about her daughter too :panic:

I intend to write a letter to parents attaching my behaviour policy but is there anything else I should do? Not a good look for my business is it :(

Pipsqueak
15-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Methinks you need a two pronged approach here.

Firstly reassure the first parent that you have not witnessed nor would you allow/tolerate this type of behaviour. You have an effective behaviour management policy blah blah blah. And if anything was happening you would deal with it and inform her as you see appropriate.

Next you need to tackle parent who is saying stuff. And I think you need to do it swiftly and firmly. and if this continues then you may have to consider terminating.
I would also be logging this so you have a 'record' of it all and that it has happened in the past.

lou246
15-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Thank you for your reply :)

I did reassure the mum at drop off, then at pick up she straight away apologised for saying anything to me and then panicked that I might end her contract :panic: why on earth she thought I'd do that I don't know, she's done nothing wrong :eek:

I've still written letters reminding all parents of my behaviour management policy so hopefully no one will then feel the need to make up stories :rolleyes:

xxx