PDA

View Full Version : Registering DH as a Childminder

Tink
15-02-2012, 07:16 AM
Morning everyone. My husband is currently my assistant but he has taken a huge interest in the business and is working with me most days as he enjoys it so much:thumbsup:
We work so well together and he comes up with some superb ideas.

My question is; if we register him as a Childminder what extra bits would we need to do?

Thanks in advance xxx

rosebud
15-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Paediatric first aid (if not done already), Introducing childminding Practice training course, (or equivalent if called something different in your area), registration process including health check, you'll have to pay a separate registration fee, think you'll probably be covered on the same insurance policy but not sure. Isn't it just easier to leave him as an assistant? He could still be left alone with the children if he does the first aid training.

sarah707
15-02-2012, 07:54 PM
My dp registered in his own right and it is great that he can pick up children from schools now and do independent things like take the boys to the park with a kite while I'm at the house with the little ones.

He didn't enjoy the intro to childminding course though and he's not interested in courses they keep trying to make him attend.

My insurance went up with MM - it's £72 (I think or thereabouts) now for the 2 of us.

:D

Playmate
15-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Brilliant news :clapping: I have not looked back since my hubby registered and started work full time with me. We compliment each other well and like Sarah says so nice when you can split and do different activities with different age groups. Tomorrow we have 5 and in the afternoon I will take the eldest 3 to soft play whilst Mick stays here with the sleeping babies sleep :D

Tink
17-02-2012, 09:08 AM
Hi he has just completed another paediatric First Aid course he already had one but needed to renew it so he has done, and yes it's easy to keep him as my assistant, but he is the one who brought it up and I wondered what other members who's husbands are registered views were.

Thank you for the replies I will let you know what we decide.