PDA

View Full Version : Planning

bakingmama
25-05-2008, 06:30 AM
Hi,

Quick question re EYFS Planning.

I was going to laminate my weekly planning sheets and then use a pen that can be wiped off, so I can re-use the same sheet each week. I would like to do this with my medium term plans aswell. Does anyone know if that will be ok? Or will I have to print a new sheet every week and save my old plans for the inspector to see? I don't have a lot of storage space in my house to keep all the paperwork.:(

Anne

miffy
25-05-2008, 07:24 AM
Sorry Anne I really don't know the answer to your question but didn't want to read and run.

I haven't been through the EYFS pack myself :blush: but from what I gather you don't just have to do things you have to prove that you do them (like daily checks to make sure the house is safe) - to me that spells more paperwork :(

But also the focus is on individual planning for children so as long as you are documenting that you may be OK to use the method you are suggesting - although it seems a shame to me to wipe your plans away as you might want to use them again another time

Sorry if that's of no help!

miffy xx

bakingmama
25-05-2008, 07:38 AM
Sorry Anne I really don't know the answer to your question but didn't want to read and run.

I haven't been through the EYFS pack myself :blush: but from what I gather you don't just have to do things you have to prove that you do them (like daily checks to make sure the house is safe) - to me that spells more paperwork :(

But also the focus is on individual planning for children so as long as you are documenting that you may be OK to use the method you are suggesting - although it seems a shame to me to wipe your plans away as you might want to use them again another time

Sorry if that's of no help!

miffy xx

I see what you are saying, I might keep my weekly plans for a month and then I could rotate them and use them again and just do a new sheet when new ideas come up for activities etc that way I can still keep them and just add to them. I already do diaries and scrap books for the children and I do obs on post it notes aswell so that's not too bad. The risk assement sheet's I printed off from Bromley CMA are a bit of a mare as there is sooo much you have to fill in, at home, at the shops, at the park, in the car, walking:panic:

Whereas now I do the checks as a metter of course, but form filling is gonna be a pain, are we expected to do these checks every time we walk to school or nip to the shops? my mindees come at 7.45 and I have my own two boys to get ready aswell. I will just have to be even more organised than I am now;) :littleangel:

Anne

sarah707
25-05-2008, 09:26 AM
You will need to show evidence to Ofsted that you are planning to each child's individual interests and to include multicultural / continuous provision and other experiences...

It has to be written somewhere...

I have a file split into 12 and have each month's planning separated... that might be an idea :D

MissTinkerbell
26-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Speaking from a teaching perspective and having had to do written plans for the best part of 12 years then I really would keep a record of your plans:

a) as evidence that you have done what you said, and
b) you never now if you want to do the same activitiy in x years time and if you know you've already got it written down, you cut and paste therefore saving time!

As for risk assessments we were told that you need only do one for each type of journey ie, the park, school run, etc. and not for each time we do that journey.

Can you imagine having to do a risk assesment for every school run? For me that would be twice daily for 3 days a week and 4 times daily twice a week.

bakingmama
27-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Speaking from a teaching perspective and having had to do written plans for the best part of 12 years then I really would keep a record of your plans:

a) as evidence that you have done what you said, and
b) you never now if you want to do the same activitiy in x years time and if you know you've already got it written down, you cut and paste therefore saving time!

As for risk assessments we were told that you need only do one for each type of journey ie, the park, school run, etc. and not for each time we do that journey.

Can you imagine having to do a risk assesment for every school run? For me that would be twice daily for 3 days a week and 4 times daily twice a week.

That's great, we go out a lot during the school hols etc and it would take me ages to do a risk assesment every time we went to the same place.

Anne

brillminder
03-06-2008, 06:46 PM
maybe ofsted will issue us with hand held pc to do it all on while we walk around :)
i would say keep copies could you scan & save to pc then disc to back up every so often to keep

justgoodfriends
05-06-2008, 03:09 PM
The revised Statutory Framework says that we need a risk assessment for each type of place we visit, but these must be reviewed each time we go to them.
http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/teachingandlearning/EYFS/