PDA

View Full Version : Its not even 10am yet!

miss mopple
14-02-2012, 09:56 AM
And the kids have already gone through most of the activities I have planned for the day :panic:

6 kids and so far we have:

painted heart pictures
made hanging decorated hearts
played board games
read stories
made hama bead hearts
painted babies feet for a card

am currently baking biscuits ( I snuck into the kitchen and did them on my own as baking with that many always ends in arguments :rolleyes:) for them to decorate for snack.

Thank goodness for my 12yr old who is in the playroom keeping them all occupied at the minute. SO glad I put her on the pocket money pay roll this week :laughing:

Does anyone else find this in the holidays? They just flit and don't settle to anything for long. They never seem to just want to play in the holidays and want constant entertaining.

Right, off to raid my magazines for more sanity saving inspiration!

pears
14-02-2012, 10:29 AM
what about a memory game with objects on a tray to cover then in turns your daughter remove one thing for each child to figure out.
also my after schoolies seem to like hunt the thimble(can be anything small though)
no kids here apart for one 5 year old wed and thur,i consider i got off lightly seen as i have 11 kids on my books term time:eek:

boxtree7
14-02-2012, 10:31 AM
The day is going so slow .......... same here most things done within the 1st hour.

Demonjill
14-02-2012, 10:35 AM
This happens to me MOST days:eek: And if I plan too much for one day then you need even more ideas for the next day etc:laughing:

Then its "When is it lunch/snack time"?

"When will we pick up......"?

Polly2
14-02-2012, 10:37 AM
I always find it best to get outside on days like these! Its lovely and sunny here so thats my plan today after snack time :thumbsup:

miss mopple
14-02-2012, 10:41 AM
Glad its not just here then :laughing:

Just had to send DD1 off to the shop as she negelcted to tell me she used up the icing sugar last week so we cant even do biscuits yet :rolleyes:

The sun is trying to shine so think we'll hit the park with the dog soon :clapping:

JCrakers
14-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Yes...I've got nine today. We've just got in from the park where they have run off a lot of energy. Now 7 of them are all playing nicely and two older boys are having a go on the wii.

Me?...coffee :D

loocyloo
14-02-2012, 11:52 AM
one LO about to go home, then lunch & sleep for the other 2 :D

so glad dd & ds are here keeping everyone entertained! one LO has got a grump on about something and doesn't want to do anything, baby LO just destroys anything the others do and 3rd LO is chewing EVERYTHING!

i got out the treasure box to entertain baby away from others traintrack/village/zoo world and they are now all playing with treasure box and baby has destroyed their world :laughing:

Mollymop
14-02-2012, 12:52 PM
I know what you mean about flitting

I make a plan for the day in the holidays and we try and follow that for example -

9-10 freeplay - "can we make cakes yet S??" ....and me saying no wait til 10o'clock
10-11 - Cakes and decorating them - "can we play lotto yet??" ....and me saying no wait til 11 when we have decorated the cakes

11-11.30 - board games "can we have lunch now?"... no wait til 12pm.

11.30 - Time for making v-day cards.

So i spread all the activities out with freeplay breaking up the activities if not I find we run out of things to do by midday xx

The Juggler
14-02-2012, 02:07 PM
OMG ms mopple I was tired just reading that list! what time did they arrive 5am! :laughing::laughing:

miss mopple
14-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Thats a really good way of doing it Mollymop. May try that tomorrow as I have even more kids then :eek:

Just spent an hour at the park, the baby is asleep, the littlies are doing playdough and the biggies making a collage and all is calm and they are finally engaged properly with what they are doing :clapping:

They arrived at 8 this morning Juggler. 7 am start tomorrow so the day will be even longer :panic:

The Juggler
14-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Thats a really good way of doing it Mollymop. May try that tomorrow as I have even more kids then :eek:

Just spent an hour at the park, the baby is asleep, the littlies are doing playdough and the biggies making a collage and all is calm and they are finally engaged properly with what they are doing :clapping:

They arrived at 8 this morning Juggler. 7 am start tomorrow so the day will be even longer :panic:

:eek: good luck hon! seriously though def. space it out with some freeplay in between and in the hols def. a run to the park everyday is essential :thumbsup:

miss mopple
14-02-2012, 02:20 PM
luckily there is a free story time at the library tomorrow so that will kill a couple of hrs by the time we have walked there and back :thumbsup:

munch149
14-02-2012, 04:33 PM
This always happens too me in the school holidays had one day end o last year when we did loads of halloween crafts including carving pumpkins, cutting and sticking, making spiders and dressing up as well as making rice crispy cakes all before lunch. They were them complaining about being bored in the afternoon when I said about having some free play so I could tidy up. Now I try and make sure we get out in the morning somewhere so they are occupied and house stays tidy then do are crafts in the afternoon. They normally take more time in these crafts then as are happy to sit down after a busy morning and I tidy up just before or after they have gone home.