PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

mumto2
13-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Just realised I will have my new (and for now, only) mindee tomorrow all day (7 months). What craft activity etc could I do with him (and poss my own 2 - 8&5) thats easy, not too messy but would be nice for him to take home to mum and dad?!!! Argh, how have I only just realised its valentines day tomorrow?!! :eek:

samb
13-02-2012, 09:15 PM
They won't really be able to produce something as such but how about taking a nice pic of baby, cutting it into a heart shape and putting a ribbon through and writing on back "Happy Valentines 2012"?

betty boop
13-02-2012, 09:52 PM
They won't really be able to produce something as such but how about taking a nice pic of baby, cutting it into a heart shape and putting a ribbon through and writing on back "Happy Valentines 2012"?

Love that idea:thumbsup:

linda2girls
13-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Or a handprint picture.

Linda.

Tealady
13-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Salt dough hearts. The older ones can make the dough and hearts in the am, cook them, then paint them in the pm

Your LO can put their hand print in a heart. Either painted or as an indentation.

crazyXstitcher
13-02-2012, 10:14 PM
You could make a handprint heart. Palms at the top each palm making the 2 round bits at the top, fingers overlapping at the bottom for the pointy bit. Like this http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/handprint_heart.htm

NicoleW
14-02-2012, 08:01 AM
I got a chocolate rose from Sainsburys, and put it into a gift bag with some chocolate hearts and a hand print heart shaped salt dough ornament :)

adele1985
14-02-2012, 08:53 AM
what about a hand print activity...i done this yesterday with one mindee and planning to do it with the others today

I got the poem below for a website printed it out in the centre of a A4 pices of paper put a picture of the mindee at the bottom of the page, wrote happy valentines day on the top and them once it was printed out I painted mindees hands and he put a hand print on either side of the poem i then laminated it so it was a nice keep sake

Sometimes you get discouraged because I am so small and always leave my fingerprints on furniture and walls

But every day I'm growing - I'll be grown some day and all those tiny handprints will surely fade away

So here's a little handprint just so you can recall exactly how my fingers looked when I was very small

Hope that helps :D

MAWI
14-02-2012, 10:34 AM
1.Handprint with paint
2. cut out a small heart(that fits on the palm of handprint.)
3. Write something on it, Be Mine or love you etc..
4. Glue it on...simples.

I did this yesterday, so simple it looks ok and the parent seemed pleased. I realised at 4:30 yesterday he hadn't done anything. All done in a few minutes.