PDA

View Full Version : !The cheek of some people!!!!!!!GRRRR

smurfette
13-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Have just been landed with an extra child ,,, cannot believe the cheek am absolutely fuming here!

My three are on mid term break this week, and since today is quiet minding wise and one of mine has gone on a play date, and one has a prearranged one here, I sent my eldest round the corner to her old school to meet her best friend and see if she wanted to come and play.

She turns up half an hour later after going via friends house (which I knew) with her friend and the friends small sister!! Both with schoolbags on to do homework (of course mine have none!) and dad pips horn and drives off! Apparently my DD tried to tell him she couldnt come but Dad obviously fancied a couple of hours off while Mum is at work! Quote he will pick us up at 6....er no!! I had fully intended to feed friend and middle dds prearranged playdate friend, and eldest DD has camoige training at 6, so I have said she must ring Dad and get picked up at 5. She doesnt know Dads number and he isnt picking up from my phone if number is right. What to do?? Am doing sausage and mash dont think it will go that far and why should I feed them anyway?!! Told friend I had not expected little sister, I am working and already have extra kids to look after. Dont suppose she wanted her cramping her style either!

smurfette
13-02-2012, 04:14 PM
And what if there is an emergency and I cant get him?!!

uf353432
13-02-2012, 04:23 PM
do you or child know where mum works? can you get a telephone number and explain the situation to her? she may be able to phone the dad or come and pick up the kids from you at a tme that you are happy with. You are right to be fuming - thats disgraceful - talk about taking liberties!

mushpea
13-02-2012, 04:40 PM
could you walk the youngest back to her house ? or drop off on your way out? I personally would take her home and tell dad that you are now officaly over your numbers and tis has put you in a very awkard situation.
or if dad not home feed those who you intened too feed and give the other a small snack. harsh but might get the point accross that you are not to be used for free child care,, or even bill him for the sisters hours!

kellib
13-02-2012, 04:41 PM
If you know where Mum works I'd try track her down, hopefully she'd be mortified at dad's behaviour!!

That's outrageous, honestly cannot believe someone would do that! :eek:

I'd send them a bill for youngest child as she wasn't invited ;)

smurfette
13-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Thanks guys wanted to be sure I wasn't over reacting! Have left short (in tone but not in length!) messages on the two mobile numbers I have but no response child
Doesn't have dads new number or mums work number.. Just gives me the shivers if I had had to run one of mine to hospital or one of theirs had an accident! Gonna try drop them home now have out dinner on ... Wish me
Luck!

The Juggler
13-02-2012, 05:09 PM
OMG what a flippin liberty - back at 6pm! :eek::eek:

smurfette
13-02-2012, 05:34 PM
He was in .. Tried to tell me he had rang me back after seeing missed call (yeah right five missed calls!) said my piece anyway and said child
Didn't have phone number and if there was an emergency I wouldn't have been able to get him. Said sister was lovely but I hadn't invited her I had other children to look after today and that friend could
Come another day on her own as I thought they wanted some time
Just to themselves. Told her if girls were going to play somewhere he needed to ask what time we wanted them collected rather than just decide himself as dd had Camoige at 6 so it didn't suit to leave her Til then. goodbye! (yay go me!)

Poor dd1 bitterly disappointed it all went wrong.. Hope
Child will be allowed come again once mum recieves her voicemail! Apparently she said to dd1 she would be in trouble .. Wonder If dad told her not to contact him??!

miffy
13-02-2012, 05:55 PM
I can't believe how cheeky some people are! Good for you, hope you get an apology and a bottle of wine to compensate!

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
13-02-2012, 06:03 PM
I would have been livid and I actually would have taken both children home the min he had left them.

blue bear
13-02-2012, 07:00 PM
What did dad say then? I can't believe what he did. Do you normally have both children when dd has her friend to play? I'm so shocked he didn't check with you first.

onceinabluemoon
13-02-2012, 07:10 PM
He was in .. Tried to tell me he had rang me back after seeing missed call (yeah right five missed calls!) said my piece anyway and said child
Didn't have phone number and if there was an emergency I wouldn't have been able to get him. Said sister was lovely but I hadn't invited her I had other children to look after today and that friend could
Come another day on her own as I thought they wanted some time
Just to themselves. Told her if girls were going to play somewhere he needed to ask what time we wanted them collected rather than just decide himself as dd had Camoige at 6 so it didn't suit to leave her Til then. goodbye! (yay go me!)

Poor dd1 bitterly disappointed it all went wrong.. Hope
Child will be allowed come again once mum recieves her voicemail! Apparently she said to dd1 she would be in trouble .. Wonder If dad told her not to contact him??!

or maybe she told the dad that it was all organised for the younger child to come too and they'd allowed to stay til 6pm thought she'd get away with it?

smurfette
13-02-2012, 10:58 PM
No fi fi small one has never been before and don't really know her at all
.. Was really looking for a quiet afternoon to myself while they were all occupied
.. You know yourself if u know the child it's easier! He didn't say anything else just oh right! Will leave it to settle a day or two and get friend up later in week if she is allowed! Dd wanted her tomorrow but better leave dust to settle! Hopefully they will have the cop to realise its their own fault and won't keep the girls apart. Tbh their communication has always been crap dont
Respond to invitations etc and it's such a shame as dd is mad about her .. I did initially think it was a language / cultural difference but no English is perfect its just rudeness!

smurfette
14-02-2012, 11:06 AM
Had a text this morning from the mom saying she was very sorry for al the Trouble with the girls and she had only got message at 1030 last night. Said it wouldn't happen again (hope she didn't mean friend couldnt come
Anymore!) so I said we would have her up to play another day. No response to that. Hope she gave Dad a good rollicking!

Mollymop
14-02-2012, 11:40 AM
OMG how cheeky! I do hope the mum gave dad what for.

Similar happened to me once a few years back
My ds was playing with a boy a few doors away at my house, his dad knocked on the door asking to see his ds, then told his ds that they were going to the seaside and would be home in a few hours!!

I was like - Where is your ds going then?

He said oh sorry, i thought he would be ok with me. I said - no sorry I am working.

What a cheek!! lol

smurfette
14-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Had a text this morning from the mom saying she was very sorry for al the Trouble with the girls and she had only got message at 1030 last night. Said it wouldn't happen again (hope she didn't mean friend couldnt come
Anymore!) so I said we would have her up to play another day. No response to that. Hope she gave Dad a good rollicking!