PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas?

mum2two
24-05-2008, 05:13 PM
I have a 9 month old coming for a couple on hours one afternoon next week as a taster session. Would you do anything in particular, or just whatever the older kids want to do - ie if they want to go out etc...

Any idea's on what I should do with him...? Obviously being half term I'll have 2 school kids (5 & 6), and a a 2 & almost 4 yr old.

Thanks

Kelly x

katickles
24-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Maybe arrange a trip to the park? The older ones can get a good run about & are able to enjoy the equipment with out help & the lo will get plenty of fresh air & hopfully enjoy swings/slides etc??? If you have one locally it will just be a case of walking so no worrying about transporting them all either.

Or you could do painting inside or outdoors - get the bigger ones to draw around each other lying down then they can all join in painting them afterwards

Or get them all to make musical instruments from house hold objects - bottles to make rain makers - pots for drums etc etc

Hope these ideas help :)

avril
24-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Messy play, everyone enjoys an opportuity to get messy use shaving foam with toys to hide, spoons to mix buckets/shapes to fill with foam, or ice play as in a previous thread, soap flakes mixed with water was another thread to make messy play which the older children can model with and the baby can feel the texture.
Good luck :thumbsup:

Annie_T
24-05-2008, 06:50 PM
trip to the park, walk, stay home play in garden in doors, keep it all simple i guess as 9month old cant do much as such.

miffy
24-05-2008, 08:05 PM
I usually stay at home for the first time a child visits so they get used to me and the surroundings but that's just my preference.

I'd just play with the baby - you'll probably find the older children want to be involved too and the baby will love people watching.

Have a lovely time - hope it all goes well

miffy xx