PDA

View Full Version : Any advice for inspection tomorrow?

GemSar
13-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Hi there,
we have our first inspection tomorrow.Any tips?
We only have one minded child tomorrow and Im not sure whether thats a good thing :panic:

nannysue
13-02-2012, 09:40 AM
Most important don't stress... Just make sure you have all the paperwork etc ready ..... I put all mine on the kitchen table and the inspector just got on with it , she hardly asked me anything.

Do what you would normally do with your little one, she will be observing you without you realising it !

Good luck i'm sure it will all go fine :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
13-02-2012, 09:40 AM
Relax and be yourselves and you will be fine.

Don't forget to look at the inspectors ID before you let them in.

Give them a tour of the house, show them where the toilet is (put a towel out for them) and tell them which way out and where to meet if there is an emergency. Offer them a drink!

Good Luck.

Toothfairy
13-02-2012, 09:41 AM
* Ask to see thier ID before letting them in.
*If you have a visitors book, then ask them to sign in & out (not compulsory but good practice).
*Have all your files ready for them to look through, save you faffing about trying to find them when they ask.
*Make sure you have your registration certificate; insurance certificate and the up to date Ofsted poster up.
*Also have your Safe guarding certificate & your First Aid certificate to hand.
*Brush up on your safe guarding policy and procedure and your complaints policy & procedure (this seems to be a high priority for them at the moment).
*Be yourself and relax.
*Have an activity organised to keep Mindee occupied.

If I think of anything else I will come back, Good luck and tell us how you get on :thumbsup:

SammyM
13-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Check their ID, lock the door after them and put keys out of reach - then just relax and be yourself, you'll be just fine x