PDA

View Full Version : How many enquiries to placements?

greenfields
12-02-2012, 09:38 AM
I don't think anyone with spaces that want filled can help being hopeful with enquiries...
But how many general enquiries do you experience compared to enquiries that result in placements?

aj2579
12-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Hi, im new to childminding done my registration in October 2011 and have been looking for work since then, ive still not got any placements but have had so many enquiries, some feedback im getting is parents then go off to view other minders who are more experienced and have bigger home for thier child!!

miffy
12-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Most of my work comes through recommendations so people usually come having made up their mind they want the place.

I have just had someone come who found me through FIS and I am waiting for them to come on a second visit but I expect they will be looking at other cm's or even nurseries.

Miffy xx

flowerpots
12-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Most of the visits ive had have ended up with contracts being signed, ive been minding (hubby assisstant) for nearly 2 years and ive had approx 11 enquiries with 9 signed up. :)

Playmate
12-02-2012, 06:12 PM
We're usually quite lucky most who visit us do place with us although it sometimes depends on what they are looking for. Also these days we are bit more fussy about who we choose to work with, so sometimes we turn them down;) Because hubby and I work together and somedays with an assistant we often have 6 or 7 under 5's . this doesn't suit everyone, but we try to point this out before they visit and our website indicates this too :D

Tatjana
12-02-2012, 08:52 PM
All the visits i've had had wanted to take a place. BUT I've had plenty of enquiries that haven't then gone on to arrange a visit....I can only assume the fees were the factor in this.

crazyhazy
12-02-2012, 09:13 PM
When I first started I had lots of enquiries, I think at least 6 parents came to visit and out of them I only got one child part time. BUT once I had one child the rest seemed to follow and since then every enquiry I've had has placed their child with me :) I think in the beginning I was advertising in lots of different places so had parents coming to see me who hadn't really decided what they wanted to do about work etc yet, whereas now all my enquiries are word of mouth and I generally get the impression they've decided to use me before they've met me.