View Full Version : Mental Block....

11-02-2012, 11:30 PM
Can someone help me out on this, just been out for a curry with some friends and one of them announced she is leaving her childminder, as her niece is looking for extra money so is going to look after her children & be paid for this. Of course this got my heckles up, but how does she stand if shes being paid but is related to the children, is this allowed GGrrrrrrrrrr!

12-02-2012, 12:06 AM
You don't need to register with ofsted if you are only caring for a child, or children you are related to. That's according to the ofsted factsheet. Parents couldn't claim any help with childcare costs though if they use someone who is not registered.

She should register as self employed.