PDA

View Full Version : Too much info

Baildon bears
11-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Just been on a training course, that would of been enjoyable apart from one very oppinunated individual:angry:, she had a story on everything and made the training course run over half an hour :angry:, these kinds of people make me so mad.

Shamai
11-02-2012, 01:47 PM
Ohh how annoying - I always get one of those on any course I go on - drives me mad too (along with people talking at full blast on their mobile while you're on a train) :angry: You will have to check her name isn't on the list for the next course :)

boxtree7
11-02-2012, 01:50 PM
there's one on every course and its not me - it drives me mad when its not even relevant.

Twinkles
11-02-2012, 01:53 PM
It's true ! There is one on every course.

I wonder if it's the same one and she just does ALL the courses :idea:

Mollymop
11-02-2012, 02:29 PM
There's one on every course I have been on. Why oh why do they have to do it???!! They of course have to show off - they have been there, done that and bought the t-shirt:)

miffy
11-02-2012, 04:04 PM

:laughing::laughing: but you're right - there is one on every course! And if they are not telling you their life story they are asking questions all the time - nt sure which is worse tbh.

Miffy xx

The Juggler
11-02-2012, 04:07 PM

:laughing::laughing: there IS always one isn't there :rolleyes:

Wendybird
11-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Hello. My name is Wendybird and I am that woman. :blush: I ask questions, share information (hopefully relevant) and often think out loud. I also question the information if I've heard or read differently and will ask for references and further reading. :laughing: Honestly, this is how I learn and process information best and I am certainly extroverted. I'm sure I annoy certain people. However, I find people who sit passively and contribute nothing to the discussion / learning experience annoying. :p

karen m
11-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Oh yes always one who has done it all ,then why are they on the course ,it is so annoying

EmmaReed84
11-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Hello. My name is Wendybird and I am that woman. :blush: I ask questions, share information (hopefully relevant) and often think out loud. I also question the information if I've heard or read differently and will ask for references and further reading. :laughing: Honestly, this is how I learn and process information best and I am certainly extroverted. I'm sure I annoy certain people. However, I find people who sit passively and contribute nothing to the discussion / learning experience annoying. :p

Thank god!!! I was reading all the posts and think I must have been the most hated person on my course lol... Although our course never actually ran over, and I wasn't bigging myself up but more using some information I had from other CM's etc... Everyone has an opinmion on things and I love hearing them, and it annoys me when people sit there, say nothing, then you hear them after the course voicing their opinion... why not pipe up and say something or shut up all together and stop moaning lol... Sorry :blush: I will shut up now :D:thumbsup:

boxtree7
11-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Input is always good so long as its relevant, to the point and I finish on time.

Helen Dempster
11-02-2012, 06:42 PM
No matter what course you go on, there's always one of these!!! :laughing:

stardust
11-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Thank god!!! I was reading all the posts and think I must have been the most hated person on my course lol... Although our course never actually ran over, and I wasn't bigging myself up but more using some information I had from other CM's etc... Everyone has an opinmion on things and I love hearing them, and it annoys me when people sit there, say nothing, then you hear them after the course voicing their opinion... why not pipe up and say something or shut up all together and stop moaning lol... Sorry :blush: I will shut up now :D:thumbsup:

Emma and Wendybird we are in a minority of 3 then. What is the point in going on a course and contributing/ understanding nothing? x

Playmate
11-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Its the ones on first aid courses I hate the most :angry:

samb
11-02-2012, 08:49 PM
I am a bit of an extremist at these courses! If I speak near the beginning and feel comfortable then there's no stopping me (lol) but if I don't get in near the beginning or feel uncomfortable with the people then I clam up and then don't even seem to contribute when I am asked directly about something! I must say I prefer to be the first type although if it was getting near the end I would rather be quiet, let others go and then carry on my own little session with the speaker! lol!

Katiekoo
11-02-2012, 08:57 PM

I am in this camp, no wonder I'm never very popular on these courses! I was once upon a time a lecturer and trained people in editing and I know I would always much rather have students who contribute and join in. It is HELL when everyone sits silently! Mind you there is always the dreaded question you don't know the answer to!!! :panic:
I will try to ask fewer questions in future! :blush:

Mollymop
11-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Emma and Wendybird we are in a minority of 3 then. What is the point in going on a course and contributing/ understanding nothing? x

It's ok wth me to politely contribute when asked.....If tutor asks for experiences then it's fine to speak out, but the people who have to put their little hands up or butt right in while others are listening to the tutor, wind me up, especially without being asked!

Just because some people are quiet in nature or don't like to speak out in front of lots of other people does not mean they do not undertand "nothing"

I's a good job there is just 1 on every course, imagine if we all did it :eek::thumbsup:xx

rachelle
11-02-2012, 11:34 PM
I don't mind peeps asking questions. I went ot the other extreme recently though and fell asleep on my first aid course - hot room, 10 min TV segment - oops!

She sent us out for a coffee break after that:laughing:

The Juggler
12-02-2012, 10:41 AM
there is a massive difference between sharing opinions and experiences and answerign questions and someone who just wants to talk about themselves all day :panic:

mandy moo
12-02-2012, 11:40 AM
It's ok wth me to politely contribute when asked.....If tutor asks for experiences then it's fine to speak out, but the people who have to put their little hands up or butt right in while others are listening to the tutor, wind me up, especially without being asked!

Just because some people are quiet in nature or don't like to speak out in front of lots of other people does not mean they do not undertand "nothing" I's a good job there is just 1 on every course, imagine if we all did it :eek::thumbsup:xx

Yep Im a bit like that, dont like to say anything or too much just in case Im 'wrong' IYSWIM

mandy moo
12-02-2012, 11:43 AM
We have someone like this in my college group, she answers every single question, however what I did find rude was, she was sitting at the back of the class and the amount of eye rolling there was, especially from one particular person sitting in front of her every time she spoke.
Not sure whats worse to be honest?