PDA

View Full Version : Childminding Magazines....advice please..

littlewonders
24-05-2008, 02:23 PM
I received who minds? magazine today - my first one :D.

Inside the magazine was 2 leaflets - one for 'creative steps' and one for 'child care' - I am very tempted to take out the subscriptions....does anyone receive these? Are they worth it etc?

TIA Sam x

deeb66
24-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Hi Sam

I think both are really good.

Creative steps can only be purchased via subscription whereas Child Care can be brought over the counter too.

Creative steps is very good with art and craft ideas and things to do with the children.

Although Childcare does give ideas etc I find that it is better across the board for information and to help keep you up to date.

So really it depends on what exactly you want from the magazine.

Although I love Creative Steps because of the different Ideas I actually prefer Childcare because of the information it gives me.

HTH

littlewonders
24-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Wow Dee that was quick :thumbsup: :D Thank you.

I think as the creative one is so reasonably priced I shall order that now :D

The child care one says £47 DD or £57 CHQ - Is this an annual rate like the crative one?

Thanks again.

nell57
24-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Hi Sam

I have the Child Care one. Like Dee says you can get it over the counter at any good news agent You could try it a couple of times see what you think before you subscribe. Not sure about the creative steps though not seen that one myself and that leaflet has not in with my ncma mag:(

Helen

manjay
24-05-2008, 02:51 PM
I subscribe to both of these. As Dee says Child care is good for keeping you up to date but Creative steps is full of ideas. Creative steps is bi monthly and child care is monthly hence the difference in price.

amanda xx

littlewonders
24-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Hi Sam

I have the Child Care one. Like Dee says you can get it over the counter at any good news agent You could try it a couple of times see what you think before you subscribe. Not sure about the creative steps though not seen that one myself and that leaflet has not in with my ncma mag:(

Helen

the web site is www.creativesteps.co.uk (http://www.creativesteps.co.uk) :D

Pudding Girl
24-05-2008, 03:44 PM
I must be only person who thinks Childcare mag is pants, mind you probably cos a lot of it doesn't apply up here...

ajs
24-05-2008, 03:48 PM
i have never had childcare mag but creative steps is great as i am so rubbish at arts and crafts and it's crammed full of ideas not all workable or doable with my age kids but the ideas are fab

miffy
24-05-2008, 04:00 PM
I have creative steps - I like it because it splits the crafts up into age groups

miffy xx

sarah707
24-05-2008, 04:51 PM
I have child care magazine ...

I stopped Creative Steps as I thought it was a bit too expensive... it's very good though :(

nell57
24-05-2008, 04:53 PM
the web site is www.creativesteps.co.uk (http://www.creativesteps.co.uk) :D

Thank you:thumbsup:

Helen

Gherkin
25-05-2008, 09:53 PM
I get Child Care free as my husband is an account manager with the distributors (I also get - Hello, Fun to Learn Friends, Delicious, Your Home, all free!!!:jump for joy: )

I subscribe to Nursery Education Plus which I love especially the posters that come with it.

I quite liked the look of the Creative Steps mag and may well subscribe to it.

christine e
26-05-2008, 06:16 AM
I subscribe to Creative Steps and like Marie like it because it has the different age groups.
Suggest you buy Child Care a few times before subscribing, I use to but now just buy it when I feel it interests me.
Don't forget to send news items into Who Minds. I have a bit printed on page 6 of the new edition, the bit about two groups of childminders from Nottinghamshire meeting up at Sherwood Pines. Never thought they would include it but they did and now I am really chuffed

Christine

miffy
26-05-2008, 06:54 AM
Don't forget to send news items into Who Minds. I have a bit printed on page 6 of the new edition, the bit about two groups of childminders from Nottinghamshire meeting up at Sherwood Pines. Never thought they would include it but they did and now I am really chuffed

Christine

Couldn't see you in the photo though Christine :)

miffy xx

ajs
26-05-2008, 07:32 AM
I subscribe to Creative Steps and like Marie like it because it has the different age groups.
Suggest you buy Child Care a few times before subscribing, I use to but now just buy it when I feel it interests me.

Christine

and you had the cfs interview in nursery world didn't you, although i never saw it unfortunately

charleyfarley
26-05-2008, 07:37 AM
I've brought Child Care a few times, tend to buy it when there's something of interest in there.

Not had creative Steps yet though, maybe I should think about subscribing

Carol xx