PDA

View Full Version : help with obs paperwork please

toddlers896
10-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Hi

I cant believe that its 10.30 on a friday eve and i am still fretting about how i am going to put this stupid journal together. It is driving me up the wall. I have read so many different posts on here and everybody does it different but i just want the easiest way possible.
Somebody must have paperwork or the easy option that Ime not thinking about.
My plan was to once a week write a story about what the childs done and then link it to the EY stages. I then have a sheet that says, things ime interested in at the moment and how i will support this.then i have another sheet for doing an observation, ie description of activity and plans for further development.
Sorry if ime babbling on a bit but finally I have a pile of paperwork that covers all the areas for ticking once the child has achieved the stage.

It all seems like a bit of a mess to me and doesnt really seem to be in any order and too much paperwork.:( please please give me some ideas on the easiest way to do this.

Thanks

Andrea08
11-02-2012, 12:51 AM
GO TO BED HUN sleep on it first...

ok good morning

file starts with....

this is me.... photo age etc

all about me likes / dislikes etc

tracking age and stage of development .... hilight in pens when you have seen observed (date or page number)

next is your observations in any format you want
have some photoes and notes and some with more info

it will grow with the child and parents and the next care givers will see your work and treasure it (we hoope)

keep to the facts, try not to worry about it, x

GemSar
11-02-2012, 07:07 AM
this is how we do it:

Observation- Paul can pick out two items that are the same in a box full of other objects

(add picture if you can get one to back it up)

Areas of learning development- would be for this communication language and literacy. On the age scale 0-11 months.

Plan- Role play with Jack to allow him to develop more understanding of 'cup of tea' eg, using kettle that the tea is 'hot' to touch.

Also other drinks such as juice is 'cold'.

Principle into practice- what category does this come under eg: Unique child,Positve relationships, Enabling Environment, learnig and development
For this we said it was learning and development and Unique child

Hope this helps. If you are really stuck it woud be worth getting Noble minder as it takes you through it all.You still need to look up the catergories but it pretty much guides you all the way.

hope this helps

toddlers896
11-02-2012, 06:14 PM
ha ha, brill. I finally got to bed at 12.30. I found an example of an observation and couldnt believe how easy it was to link it all together. Ive been looking into it too much and having too much paperwork was stressing me out. Ive done it similar to you and its so much easier. I need to chill a bit. My husbands words were slow down a bit and stop tring to do everything 120 percent at a rate of 200miles an hour.Thanks for your ideas x

Diana67
13-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Hi trac896

I know how you feel and your hubby sounds just like mine lol you been reg since feb13 was that deliberate mistake lol .Hope everything goes ok Im still waiting for 1st mindie

Diana xx

toddlers896
13-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Hi trac896

I know how you feel and your hubby sounds just like mine lol you been reg since feb13 was that deliberate mistake lol .Hope everything goes ok Im still waiting for 1st mindie

Diana xx

feb 13 ha ha.feels like it with all this paperwork we have to try and get our heads round, x