PDA

View Full Version : fence , can i claim this ?

nelly
10-02-2012, 04:43 PM
well my next door neighbour does dog grooming next door in her house and on several occasions her clients let their dog foul on a this bit of grass which is joined to ours. i have had words with her a bout this as one off my mindees has stepped in it and basically its not on.she has had words with her clients but there's still poo on the odd occasion so iv bought a small fence to go inbetween my house and her house ,just wondered if i can put this through my books as iv only done it for hygiene reasons of my mindees ? thanks

rosebud
10-02-2012, 05:58 PM
I want to know this too. My fence desperately needs replacing - clearly I can't keep the children safe without it. Can I claim or does it have to go against wear and tear?

MrAnchovy
10-02-2012, 06:22 PM
well my next door neighbour does dog grooming next door in her house and on several occasions her clients let their dog foul on a this bit of grass which is joined to ours. i have had words with her a bout this as one off my mindees has stepped in it and basically its not on.she has had words with her clients but there's still poo on the odd occasion so iv bought a small fence to go inbetween my house and her house ,just wondered if i can put this through my books as iv only done it for hygiene reasons of my mindees ? thanks

It's absolutely not on. If you get on well with her you could talk to her about making sure that her clients are aware that their dog must not foul the front garden. If you don't get on well, send her the bill and if she refuses to pay tell her you will take this up with the council - running a business from your home that causes a nuisance to your neighbours is a breach of planning regulations.

I am afraid that as far as a claim against tax goes this is such a grey area that it is impossible to say that if you were inspected, HMRC could not successfully challenge it: it could go either way.

aly
10-02-2012, 10:34 PM
I would get her to pay for it!!!...as Mr A says her business is intereing with yours with disgusting consequesnces...