PDA

View Full Version : streamlining paperwork

watgem
10-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Hi everyone, I am feeling overwhelmed with all my paperwork which seems to be coming out of all the nooks and crannies and am feeling sorry for poor parents, EYSO and Ofsted, so am wondering how everyone else manages it?I have a registration folder, an accident/medication/pre eisting injury etc folder, a planning folder, learning journey folders, safeguarding folder welcome pack folder, policy folder, risk assessment folder, contracts folder,visitors folder, emergency evacuation folder, child record form folder, folders of information for parents, bags and bags of uni stuff, craft ideas folders etc etc I'm sure there must be an easier way! and less cluttered! any deas and help please?

maluvsya89
10-02-2012, 02:35 PM
i just brought a two drawer filing cabinet best thing ever!! bottom draw all children's info four sections so each child has one and in that section is child info folder and there learning journals- personal plans obs and ass etc also popped the activities folder into the front of the bottom draw.... the top draw has everything else but instead of having a lever arch folder for everything i downsized to a a4plastic folder the ones where you hole punch the paper and lift gold hooks up slot paper in and push gold things down again.... they are smaller and take up no room what so ever!!! i have one for complaints visitors house daily checks menus risks assessments etc... the only lever arch file i have is with all my policies and procedures and permission slips all in one big one with a list of each child's parents signatures stating they read them all and for the permission slips and if they are not happy with lo using the trampoline etc. also in top drawer i have a box file (was using this to begin with) where all my spare copies of everything is kept from fridge checks to eyfs activity planning, also in this box file are my business and finance planning letters etc from ofsted and ncma and my local council and my SEF. hope this kinda makes a bit of sense. i also keep my wallet that has register each childs medication and emergency contacts and plans for that week etc i take this with me every where and in the evenings and weekends it just slots at the front! all in one place under lock and key no more junk part from the printing paper plastic wallets spare folders pens and pencils sticky yellow pads on top :)

watgem
10-02-2012, 03:23 PM
thank you that sounds so much simpler and organised am going to have a look on amazon now, I love your idea of having your register in a plastic wallet to take around with a list of all the names for permissions

adele1985
10-02-2012, 04:03 PM
hi hun ive been updating all my paperwork this week didnt reaslise how much I had :eek:

I have a 4 draw oak filing cabinet in the dining area which has my printer on top of it too (dosent look too much out of the way and its always handy

my top draw consists of

my sef file which is sectioned off with file dividers and has in it ofsted inspections, risk assessments, all my action plans, my visit records for when my childminder co-ordinator comes and any other paperwork regarding ofsted or insurance

my policy file
planning file
banking file
childrens registration forms and contracts of care (also in a file)

I also have some paper files which have
all my fire documents in (fire drill record, fire equipment maintanance record)
temprature record (fridge, freezer and playroom)
Weekly safty check record
completed childrens in and out forms

in the second draw i keep my laminator, laminating sheets, giloteen,

I keep all my paper and card we use for crafts in the third draw

and the 4th draw has all the banking info from when i worked with another minder last year

as well as that I have 3 plastic storage units with storage pots, aprons for crafts, bibs, garden games, childrens gardening equipment, board games, art and craft stuff

Ive just orderd another plastic storage unit to sort my craft stuff into diffrent draws for easter, chritmas, halloween, mothers and fathers day, and anything else i think of.

I also have lots of little storage pots with diffrent sequins in it (easter, christmas, shapes, halloween, animals, leaves, flowers)

lol I like to be organised :rolleyes::D

watgem
10-02-2012, 10:43 PM
aw thanks ladies I definitely need a filing cabinet then then hopefully I can get rid of my heap, as I call it which is overtaking the living room:)

Andrea08
10-02-2012, 10:48 PM
PMSL but like me when thats full of paper work then what .... i think its farr too much for us cm's and the new EYFS is not much less except risk ass on outings ..so what!

Helen79
11-02-2012, 10:19 AM
I've got 1 folder for each child that has contracts in, all info about child, medical forms and accident forms, invoices and their registers and then 1 folder for each child as a LJ.
Then I have 1 folder with my own info in - things like visitors record, smoke alarm test sheet, accounts and emergency evacuation drill sheet.

All my other paperwork is on the computer, I don't have a folder with things like policies and risk assessments in, I just print them off when a new parent starts and give them a copy. All my paperwork fits in 1 box file as so much of it is saved on the computer.

watgem
11-02-2012, 01:14 PM
as soon as I finish my degree I am definitely having a declutter and reorganisation lol, thank you for all the lovely ideas:)

Chatterbox Childcare
11-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Use the roof! All my documents that are out dated go up there as storage but I still seem to have about 15 A4 folders in the cupboard lol

watgem
11-02-2012, 02:56 PM
am glad its not just me then lol! I would love to be an organised person:)