PDA

View Full Version : food expenses

louised
24-05-2008, 08:48 AM
Hi, I was just wondering how much everyone puts in their accounts as food expenditure. I use the ncma accounts book so put in a weekly amount for each child depending on how many meals they have had. When I add it all up it seems quite a high figure for a week (about £40)

cloud9
24-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Hi, I was just wondering how much everyone puts in their accounts as food expenditure. I use the ncma accounts book so put in a weekly amount for each child depending on how many meals they have had. When I add it all up it seems quite a high figure for a week (about £40)

If you are spending that amount on food then its exactly right. But mine isn't far off that some weeks

katickles
24-05-2008, 12:52 PM
I have just done my childminders accounts course last weekend & I quiried (sp!)this. I was told that the best way to find out is to contact my local tax office as there seems to be varying amounts accross the counties.

He said that generally a meal consisting of meat & 2 veg - some areas will allow upto £3.50 as a reasonable cosing & a snack meal upto £1.50. He did stress though that we really must check these figures out as like i said - it varies alot.

I asked a similar question on here a while back & these were the figures given to me by another forum member so hopefully, this might help a little. :)

sarah707
24-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Breakfast £1.00
Snack £1.00
Lunch £2.00
Tea £3.00

Hope this helps :D

miffy
24-05-2008, 08:24 PM
HMRC guidelines are that only the amount spent on food/drink should be claimed rather than set prices for each meal

This is because "some childminders may provide gourmet meals, others may provide beans on toast - so a flat rate wouldn't be fair" (NCMA handbook 2007/2008)

In practice though that's a real faff and it's easier to use a flat rate like Sarah does BUT it's up to you

miffy xx

Gherkin
25-05-2008, 06:12 PM
I have to say I work out exactly what I spend on the food for them each week and do it that way. Takes time but I get peace of mind.

ChocolateChip
28-05-2008, 01:08 AM
I just worked out roughly what a selection of my meals cost to make,per person and have done a flat rate accordingly,so I ended up with
over 5's under 5's
breakfast 50p 30p cereal or toast etc
lunch £1.00 70p s/w or cheese/crackers, fruit, yog
tea £1.50 £1.00 spg bol,stew,casserole, jacket pots
snacks 50p 30p fruit and biscuit/jaffa cake etc

Of course I might get a little one who eats like a horse, so then I will charge the higher rate. And some meals cost more than others so it's swings and roundabouts, what I lose on salmon, new potatoes and broccoli I gain on cottage pie with carrots and peas!

I keep meaning to do proper menus like some of the others have,maybe on a 3 week rota like our school, and that would probably give a more accurate price but I never seem to have the time! :)

buildingblocks
13-06-2008, 06:40 PM
i put the cost of the food I buy through rather than a set price for each meal. I high light the food bought for minding on the receipt