PDA

View Full Version : Anyone recommend a heater

JCrakers
10-02-2012, 09:12 AM
Morning all :D

I use my conservatory for the playroom and have a heater attached to the wall as when we had it built 10yrs ago we didnt put any radiators in it.

The heater I have takes so long to heat up that when we get back from toddler group etc. we have to wait about half an hour until the room is usable as I dont like to leave it on while no one is at home.

Im after a bigger wall mountable fan that can blow hot air downwards, then Im going to place it above the door. A more powerful one but that doesnt cost the earth in electric
Any recomendations?

Angela234
10-02-2012, 10:08 AM
in our conservatory i use a oil filled radiator i also have a little fan heater as top up and keep that on top of our storage unit so out of reach
I wish i had heating put in but sales man said i wouldn't need any as leading from lounge but i keep door shut at night to keep the cats out.

Sorry not helping you.

cara1235
10-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Hi
I have a fantastic wall mounted heater which uses a thermostat to heat the room most of the time i have to turn it down because it heats the room so well!!
I bought it from CNMONLINE for about £88 and it has been FAB
hope this helps
x

sarah707
10-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Mine isn't really doing the job at the moment either... and costs a fortune in electricity!

I have been researching and think I am going for an oil one that I can move around :D

Cammie Doodle
10-02-2012, 10:43 AM
My friend had the same problem, but just had a radiator put it, plumber ran it through from nearest radiator on her heating system. It has made a huge difference . Is this an option you could look at ?

miss mopple
10-02-2012, 11:05 AM
I have a radiator in my playroom but find I still need an oil filled in there too. Does the job a treat :thumbsup:

JCrakers
10-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Thanks guys,

Ive got an oil filled heater upstairs in the cupboard actually but never used it down here as I was afraid of the kids touching it....turning it up etc.
Are yours on the floor or wall mounted?

I'll have a look at the link cara1235, thanks

boxtree7
10-02-2012, 12:37 PM
the oil filter ones are brilliant - not sure how much they cost have a look on screwfix.

Angela234
10-02-2012, 12:45 PM
mines on the floor, if it gets too hot i block it off. R/A

i put mine on first thing with door into lounge closed then when children arrive nice and warm turn it down and leave the door open into lounge st the room stays warm if we go out leave it on.

ChocolateChip
10-02-2012, 01:47 PM
I've got an oil filled radiator which also has an integral fan heater, I just whack than on for about 10mins in the morning then turn it down low before I go on the school run and it is fine when we get back.
It is on wheels and I just keep testing it and can move it around or block it off depending on what we are doing or who I've got that day.
Got it from Lidl for about £40, their bargains usually come back in after a while.

LOOPYLISA
10-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Could you not fit a radiator in?