PDA

View Full Version : Stumbled across this on twitter

pinky33
09-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Like the title says I stumbled across this on twitter and not sure what I think really.

http://www.mommatwo.com/2012/02/what-actual-funk.html?m=1

tess1981
09-02-2012, 11:33 PM
That's a toughie :(
Would like to hope no CM is like that and can totally see the parents pov...
Hope it all a misunderstanding:eek:

Baildon bears
10-02-2012, 06:40 AM
I understand her point, the Childminder is obviously not suitable for her, but I don't understand peoples needs to post on twitter and let the world know. Why not just ask close friends advice and speak to the Childminder in question instead of publicly slating her.

rickysmiths
10-02-2012, 07:34 AM
Sorry I have no sympathy.

It sounds as if she choose the care because it was cheaper than any other cm in the area. Most people would ask themselves why? We had a couple around here and they both gave up when they had their EYFS inspections.

The woman is clear she can't change yet because she is at work and the cost obviously more of a priority than the welfare of her children.

If it was me on the face of it my children would have been out of there so fast and a complaint into Ofsted.

All this mum does is winge on Twitter? ;)

EmmaReed84
10-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Sorry I have no sympathy.

It sounds as if she choose the care because it was cheaper than any other cm in the area. Most people would ask themselves why? We had a couple around here and they both gave up when they had their EYFS inspections.

The woman is clear she can't change yet because she is at work and the cost obviously more of a priority than the welfare of her children.

If it was me on the face of it my children would have been out of there so fast and a complaint into Ofsted.

All this mum does is winge on Twitter? ;)

Totally agree!!! I was reading and thinking to myself "why the hell are you still sending your child there if you are THAT unhappy?" Also why has she not raised the issue with the CM instead of bashing her online and not getting the FULL facts?

She may not realise this, but children as odd as this may seem can very easily get the wrong end of the stick and make a situation sound much worse than it is! I talk from experience in this, luckily parent looked at me and I explained and he laughed. Phew!

I had a request for care from a parent saying she wanted me to have her son X hours but that she wanted a calm environment with no shouting whatsoever, where I dont tell off for bad behaviour but talk to him and where there is no conflicts at all in my house between the children... Sorry but that is not real life luckily I didnt have the space to accomodate. I would have been walking on eggshells scared that a child might take a toy from another and shout and totally shatter this fragile childs whole being lol.

Maybe this parent to WAY over protective, may the CM is a bit of a 'mare but until she has ALL the facts she needs lay IMO

ajs
10-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Totally agree!!! I was reading and thinking to myself "why the hell are you still sending your child there if you are THAT unhappy?" Also why has she not raised the issue with the CM instead of bashing her online and not getting the FULL facts?

She may not realise this, but children as odd as this may seem can very easily get the wrong end of the stick and make a situation sound much worse than it is! I talk from experience in this, luckily parent looked at me and I explained and he laughed. Phew!

I had a request for care from a parent saying she wanted me to have her son X hours but that she wanted a calm environment with no shouting whatsoever, where I dont tell off for bad behaviour but talk to him and where there is no conflicts at all in my house between the children... Sorry but that is not real life luckily I didnt have the space to accomodate. I would have been walking on eggshells scared that a child might take a toy from another and shout and totally shatter this fragile childs whole being lol.

Maybe this parent to WAY over protective, may the CM is a bit of a 'mare but until she has ALL the facts she needs lay IMO
Whatever the problems it's just a shame she can't talk to the minder first without posting it on twitter.

WibbleWobble
10-02-2012, 08:19 AM
what is twitter??? ......parsleypetal picks up her slate and chalk....

why would you put this on twitter? jeepers!

pinky33
10-02-2012, 11:57 AM
I must admit I'm a twitter perv lol, I do search the word Childminder and read peoples tweets! It's a bit like net mums but with only 140 caracters lol.

So from what I gather the mum was looking for a nursery anyway as her Childminder speak far to common and she only used her as she was the cheapest. She has reprimanded the Childminder and was thankful she was embarrassed!
But I do think it was so wrong to blog it as the poor childminder will know instantly that it's about her :(
But on the other hand the childminders actions were slightly questionable.

onceinabluemoon
10-02-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm horrified to think a CM (or a parent) would raise a fist to a child and tell them to "shut up or you'll get some of this". I would have had my children out of there immediately I'm afraid.

However I don't agree with this whole 'blog, twitter or Facebook' your life for attention thing either...

singingcactus
10-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Haha, too funny that mum doesn't like the childminder cos she uses the glottal stop! She would positively HATE me hehe. Doesn't like childminder cos she play fights, and rough houses with the son....oh well, since she is spending nearly her entire wage on childcare, she would probably be better off packing in work and raising her little precious in her own hands off bubble wrap fashion.
I love twitter, for my reptile friends, and rock friends. I do read some of the preschool blogs but don't really bother with childminding ones (except nurturestore which is FAB). In fact I was just waiting for a page to open on twitter about beardies which is why I popped onto here lol.
Love that this mum is such a princess though, she lost my sympathy by about line ONE.

NicoleW
10-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Just wanted to say...

I have a beardie too :D My kids love her! She is called Hermione but my 22 month old calls her "touch"

singingcactus
11-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Just wanted to say...

I have a beardie too :D My kids love her! She is called Hermione but my 22 month old calls her "touch"

Take a look at @DragonsInfo on twitter. Got some lovely pics and vids for the little ones to look at.

Sorry, you can get back on topic now lol.

candlequeen
11-02-2012, 04:15 PM
It really gets my back up that as a childminder, and with some of the s**t we get from parents, I would never disrespect them by posting on a very public web forum about their behaviour (as well as obviously respecting their confidentiality etc)
This woman needs to grow up and realise she's a parent now, if she doesn't like the way people are treating her children, she needs to stand up against it.

alwaysright
12-02-2012, 09:38 AM
this just makes me laugh because in her first post she admits she had slipped up in front of the child then all of a sudden its all down to the minder.....she needs to get a grip! obviously the minder or husband shouldnt be using bad language while the kids are there but think mum needs to take a look in the mirror!! reminds me of a few years ago a parent ask me "does anyone said b*tch here cos she keeps saying it?" errr no they certainly dont!! i told my minder friend who was dumbfounded as the mother in question had stood outside my friends house the previous week shouting, hurry up you f**ing little pain in the a*se......and she had the nerve to ask me.......

alwaysright
12-02-2012, 09:48 AM
this just makes me laugh because in her first post she admits she had slipped up in front of the child then all of a sudden its all down to the minder.....she needs to get a grip! obviously the minder or husband shouldnt be using bad language while the kids are there but think mum needs to take a look in the mirror!! reminds me of a few years ago a parent ask me "does anyone said b*tch here cos she keeps saying it?" errr no they certainly dont!! i told my minder friend who was dumbfounded as the mother in question had stood outside my friends house the previous week shouting, hurry up you f**ing little pain in the a*se......and she had the nerve to ask me.......