PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Reg visit monday!!! Help!!

melco
09-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Hi,

Everything has happened really quickly and I am now in panic mode, I only sent my forms to Ofsted 4th Jan, the CRB's for me and my husband on the 14th Jan so was really surprised when CRB's came at the weekend and I received a call from Ofsted to say that they are coming on Monday!!!

I was thinking that this would take a while so even though I have my pre-reg questions filled in, risk assessments done and policies (which I hope are all the right ones) I still do not feel ready. One thing I am worried about is not knowing enough about the EYFS. I am really excited about starting childminding and have a lot of help from here and other childminders but am worried Ofsted will not pass me if I do not know enough. Any advice? I have friends contacting me already about childminding their children and don't want to let them down!! :eek: Just really worried as I want this really bad, its all I have wanted to do.

Thanks in advance

Mel x

Belly2009
09-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Hi Mel,

I too have my pre reg visit on Monday morning at 9.30. Good luck and I know just how you feel.

I seem to be over thinking everything - what have you got in place?

Lona

Hi,

Everything has happened really quickly and I am now in panic mode, I only sent my forms to Ofsted 4th Jan, the CRB's for me and my husband on the 14th Jan so was really surprised when CRB's came at the weekend and I received a call from Ofsted to say that they are coming on Monday!!!

I was thinking that this would take a while so even though I have my pre-reg questions filled in, risk assessments done and policies (which I hope are all the right ones) I still do not feel ready. One thing I am worried about is not knowing enough about the EYFS. I am really excited about starting childminding and have a lot of help from here and other childminders but am worried Ofsted will not pass me if I do not know enough. Any advice? I have friends contacting me already about childminding their children and don't want to let them down!! :eek: Just really worried as I want this really bad, its all I have wanted to do.

Thanks in advance

Mel x

melco
09-02-2012, 08:54 PM
I have risk assessments for all rooms downstairs as I have a downstairs toilet I am not registering upstairs. I have policies on behaviour, medicine, accident. I have first aid kit and fire blanket ready. I do have stairgates but they are not up yet and I want to do a big clean and tidy up. I am just nervous about answering her questions!! She sounded really nice but am still so nervous and feel sick! Its mainly the EYFS I am worried about, I have answered the questions on it but what if I have it wrong? Will they not pass me? Mine is at 10am! So we will be going through it roughly at the same time. What have you got ready?

Mel x

melco
09-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Oh and I forgot to say - Good luck to you too!! x

ladders
11-02-2012, 12:55 PM
and I was in a right state!! I needn't have been. They're not testing you and it is their duty to get you registered. If there are any areas of the EYFS that you are not aware of, most of their questions are common sense and some that I wasn't sure on, I was honest and she said they don't expect people with no experience to know it all!!! She registered me there and then and for the full 6!!! I'm not even a mum so you guys will be fine xxx GOOD LUCK xx