PDA

View Full Version : Do they always brighten up once you have rung parent to collect?!

smurfette
09-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Mindee age 1 has puked on me twice this morning (the last time a huge vomit very much sick smelling not baby sick) and had a runny nappy. He is a happy chappy normally but has grizzled all morning and sat on my lap and snuggled for half an hour which he never does. I rang mum and she is coming to collect .. She volunteered to, I didn't have to ask. Popped him in bath as he was covered and now he is splashing away and grinning at me! Did I do right thing?!

BuggsieMoo
09-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Yes you def did the right thing. He has been sick and he has the runs - he is no doubt ill. Even if at this precise moment he appears to be fine, like all kids when poorly they go up and down. Def send home x

kellib
09-02-2012, 01:09 PM
I've having the same thing now, LO had a really runny nappy, was EVERYWHERE and now she's running around happy as larry :rolleyes:

She's still getting picked up asap though :laughing:

rickysmiths
09-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Oh babies are programmed to make us look silly :laughing:

You did the right thing and it wasn't a question of mum offering to come and collect you were telling her to.

mrs coops
09-02-2012, 02:16 PM
i had this yesterday mindee 18 mths old crying all morning even at soft play which she normally loves.Dad came to collect her as couldn't settle her at all and last night she was really full of beans :laughing: Sometimes i'm sure parents think we make it up x

sarah707
09-02-2012, 02:18 PM
I find they are usually especially bright after Calpol while parents are travelling to collect them :rolleyes:

I hope lo is better soon x

miffy
09-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Yes you definitely did the right thing. Don't worry about it.

Miffy xx

smurfette
09-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Thanks guys! He got all clingy again and fell asleep on my lap before mum came And was looking all Peaky when she arrived. He then proceeded to tell her the sad tale in whinges! She was fine about it .. Thanks for the reassurance was having a panic there!!