PDA

View Full Version : making outside area look more fun

ziggy
09-02-2012, 11:26 AM
my garden is just concrete, which in some ways is more practical for childminding as it never gets muddy!

I have various plant pots to give it a bit of colour. I also have tractor, scooters, ride ons, big bucket of balls, skittles etc and a lidded sandpit/water tray

Just wondered if anyone had any ideas to make it look more child friendly or any pics of other gardens

thanks

Angela234
09-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Blackboard on wall

Piece of guttering on wall slightly tilted for roling balls and water down

Mirrors on wall(got mine off ebay)

Laminated postersinclude road traffic signs

Streamers/wind things/ cd mobile

julie w
09-02-2012, 11:31 AM
It sounds just like my garden so I will also be interested in any ideas. I saw in a catalogue some big wooden flowers that you can hang on the wall/fence. The petals are different colours and the middles are blackboards. Im going to try and make some:eek: as they are quite expensive. I also thought about screwing some guttering to a board to make a water play 'thing' . Maybe a sound line with things hanging from it that make sounds too. Also a big pot or 2 for planting. I need more ideas too .x

The Juggler
09-02-2012, 11:57 AM
floaty windsocks on the fence, windmills in the pots, chalkboards and mirrors (you can buy number and letter mirrors to hang up), sandpit, water run or tray, lots of kiddie sized trowels for digging worms, child sized sweeping brush to 'help', hula hoops......

Katiekoo
09-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Windmills are great for cheering up the garden, they add movement and bright colours all year round, I have some lovely big yellow ones!

Helen Dempster
09-02-2012, 02:02 PM
I found some lovely windmills and hanging wind chime type things from the pound shop - have weathered well. I too want to jazz up my garden a bit - I've got a big colourful butterly attached to the fence (from garden centre) and on the other side of the garden, attached to the other fence, there's a big lizard too (Christmas present). I got the kids all to decorate some CDs and have hung those in the garden. I have to be careful though, cos on the other hand, I'm trying to attract more wildlife and all those things can put the lil' birdies off!

Helen Dempster
09-02-2012, 02:04 PM
oh, and another thing (almost forgot), I'm going to order a ladybird house and a spider garden net - both of which can be ordered from the Insect Lore catalogue :)

Polly2
09-02-2012, 04:47 PM
How about some logs for climbing and making dens :)

jadavi
09-02-2012, 05:59 PM
I was totally inspired by an Eliz jarman exhibit by a mud kitchen made in a wooden lean to...wanna mud kitchen!

Ripeberry
09-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Make a water wall with clear plastic tubing and funnels. If against a wall, just put up a trellis onto the wall and then the tubing and funnels on the trellis. Then provide lots of pouring vessels and pots. You can always add color to the water.
This time of year if it's freezing, let some ice form in shallow trays and then the kids can spend ages smashing the ice and kicking it around. Kept my lot occupied for ages yesterday :)