PDA

View Full Version : Quick I need something to do

NicoleW
09-02-2012, 11:13 AM
LO is 2.5 year, and he is in his second week with me, today he is a little tired but generally okay.

He's just... seems very bored, doesn't want to play much - it's just me and him.

I got a box out and put flour in and then started to bury some of the trains in, 2 minutes and he's wandering around the house. MY phone just went off and he rushed to the door thinking it was his dad to pick him up

Can you give me some quick ideas to do please? I do n't have much in the way of materials for crafts etc and can't go out as my own daughter is asleep upstairs

Mouse
09-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Aw bless him, he sounds a little bit lost, doesn't he?

I would stick to something simple so you're not overwhelming him with new experiences. How about just sitting looking at books with him, or asking if he'd like you to read him a story? Sit him on the sofa & make him comfy (tuck him in with a blanket, give him a soft cushion) and get out some books. Read them to him, pointing to the pictures, but don't push him to join in if he doesn't want to. Hopefully something will catch his interest & he'll join in when he's ready.

Goatgirl
09-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Cuddle up and read a favourite story? Depends what he usually likes doing really. Maybe if you start playing with something he'll come along and join in.. Duplo? Playdoh? Is there a box of toys somewhere you could get out that he hasn't seen in a while?

I would try to avoid getting too stressed about it, though its easy to fall into the habit of trying to keep them permanently occupied, and just let him find a way to entertain himself.

Maybe just make a cuppa and have a chat with him? could be he's just having an off day. I'd just try to keep things chilled :thumbsup:

Hope it goes well,
Wendy :)

Goatgirl
09-02-2012, 11:43 AM
oops, sorry, totally missed the bit about him being new still.

Yes, I'd do a snuggly book time. If that doesn't work maybe even a dvd...?

hope he settles for you, bless :)

Angela234
09-02-2012, 11:49 AM
cut some pictures out argos book and stick /elc maybe trains/cars

Music and dancing

NicoleW
09-02-2012, 12:03 PM
I think I'm going to put him into the buggy to sleep, I don't think he is well.

My own daughter has woke up in a mood, won't stop screaming and she's just pointed me into the kitchen so I gave her some medicine so hopefully that will kick in soon.

My throat is killing and almost loosing my voice, and to top it all off I have the landlord coming around tonight to serve us our eviction notice