PDA

View Full Version : Variation help please

cupcake22
09-02-2012, 09:46 AM
I am applying for a variation. Please can someone help me with what I need to put in the risk assessment box. Thank you

Cupcake22

candy cat
09-02-2012, 10:48 AM
how you are going to RA? ie triple buggy, reins etc ie school runs etc they need to know you have thought out safety ....ie I have 4 under 3.5 at the moment so I had to prove I could cope etc :) hope that helps

samb
09-02-2012, 10:56 AM
I didn't have a risk assessment box on my varitaion form...?

Do it like you usually do your risk assessments would be my advise so that you can attach it to the form and keep a copy with your ordinary risk assessments. So if you do one in a table stating the risk, why it is a risk/who for, how you will minimise the risk etc then do it the same. Go through and think about any risk from the moment you are asking for the variation to when the variation would finish and write everything. So if variation is for a new baby sibling and they are to start at 8am and you drop older sibling to pre school at 9 then do the risk assessment to cover how you might prepare breakfast? What toys may be available (eg discuss age appropriate resources), how you will get them there (eg buggy, use crossings etc) Hope that helps?

rickysmiths
09-02-2012, 11:34 AM
The box isn't labelled Risk Assessment. They ask if you have enough equipment.

So, Buggies, travel cot and sheets and blankets and where and in what are they going to sleep, high chairs, bowls cups and cutlery, car seats. Then age appropriate toys and equipment for play.

Then then want a sentence on how you will cope with what you have asked for. So for example I have just got a variation for 4 under fives one day. They are aged 23/4 to 13 months. I explained briefly that they have a large area indoors and out to play. I can see/hear them when i am preparing meals and snacks I have a wide variety of age appropriate toys puzzles dressing up etc etc.

I have a four bedroomed house which is all registered for childminding so I have seperate rooms for sleeping and I have four travel cots and two ready beds plenty of bedding and towels so they all have their own set.

When going out I explained how I would get them in and out of the car and buggies and use of reins.

See the kind of thing. I have never been asked for or attached an actual risk assessment. I apply online so I just fill in the form and return it. I have had 2 variations this Jan and I had 3 last year and this method has worked very time. Keep it detailed but simple.

It was questions asking for information like that given above that I was asked on the phone on Mon when I rang at 8am for an emergency variation for the day. It was granted over the phone in 15mins :thumbsup:

cupcake22
09-02-2012, 01:00 PM
The box isn't labelled Risk Assessment. They ask if you have enough equipment.

So, Buggies, travel cot and sheets and blankets and where and in what are they going to sleep, high chairs, bowls cups and cutlery, car seats. Then age appropriate toys and equipment for play.

Then then want a sentence on how you will cope with what you have asked for. So for example I have just got a variation for 4 under fives one day. They are aged 23/4 to 13 months. I explained briefly that they have a large area indoors and out to play. I can see/hear them when i am preparing meals and snacks I have a wide variety of age appropriate toys puzzles dressing up etc etc.

I have a four bedroomed house which is all registered for childminding so I have seperate rooms for sleeping and I have four travel cots and two ready beds plenty of bedding and towels so they all have their own set.

When going out I explained how I would get them in and out of the car and buggies and use of reins.

See the kind of thing. I have never been asked for or attached an actual risk assessment. I apply online so I just fill in the form and return it. I have had 2 variations this Jan and I had 3 last year and this method has worked very time. Keep it detailed but simple.

It was questions asking for information like that given above that I was asked on the phone on Mon when I rang at 8am for an emergency variation for the day. It was granted over the phone in 15mins :thumbsup:

On the form that they sent me yesterday in section E (action plan & risk assessment) it has 3 boxes & the last 1 says risk assessment. Did you get yours from downloads or did you ring them. I did the latter & they emailed it to me.

Thanks

Cupcake 22

rickysmiths
09-02-2012, 05:15 PM
On the form that they sent me yesterday in section E (action plan & risk assessment) it has 3 boxes & the last 1 says risk assessment. Did you get yours from downloads or did you ring them. I did the latter & they emailed it to me.

Thanks

Cupcake 22

It does not sound as if you were emailed the same form as me then. On mine Section A had 2 parts one details of max number of children and second about sibling or continuity of care.

Section B was the Action Plan in two boxes asking what you need to doo to accommodate the change as I described above.

C was RA but in terms of if you had to change anything to accommodate the request. In 3 boxes 1 Equipment, 2 Outside area and 3 if you are asking for a new area of the house to be registered.

F was the declaration

and I had to fill in the grid of all the children and their hours days and ages.

Zumba-mum
09-02-2012, 06:48 PM
I did one a few wks back. I just said if i get the variation i will do a rebust ra . Nothing fancy, I got mine :D

miffy
09-02-2012, 06:52 PM
I thin the latest variation form is in free resources (free downloads) at the top of the forum, perhaps you could see if it's the same as yours?

Miffy xx

cupcake22
09-02-2012, 08:32 PM
I thin the latest variation form is in free resources (free downloads) at the top of the forum, perhaps you could see if it's the same as yours?

Miffy xx

I checked your downloads & the form is the same as the one that was sent to me via email from Osfted & has the risk assessment box on it.

Cupcake 22

rickysmiths
09-02-2012, 10:32 PM

Miffy xx

I'm not sure because its not the one that was sent to me 10 days ago?