PDA

View Full Version : would this wind u up?

lulubelle
09-02-2012, 08:19 AM
My 5 year old Mindee was sent home ill from school yesterday (they called to see if I would go and pi k him up-i was busy!) Well so far this morning he is 30mins late, we need to leave now to get to school on time and get others to school on time and I was about to say no call nothing but they have just called to say not coming in, he's my only before school Mindee, have to get my own son to pre school but we could of all slept in a bit, had a less rushed morning!

mushpea
09-02-2012, 08:23 AM
I wouldnt wait for him if it makes your own child late,, I would go and they would have to find me but if he was sent home from school yesterday I wouldnt think the school would accept him back for 48hrs anyway

QualityCare
09-02-2012, 09:00 AM
l tell all my parents when they start that if they are going to be late or child not coming they must phone or text before their normal arrival time or they will not find me in (even if l wasn't going out l would find somewhere to go) , if l am doing a school run they are then told the latest time l will wait.

rickysmiths
09-02-2012, 09:33 AM
I'm the same if a parent does ring I carry on my normal routine and the parent has to lump it.

I had a before school parent child due at 7.30am by 10 past 8 no call not arrived, mum was due at work at 8 :rolleyes:

I left 10mins late by then to take my daughter to school. On the way back a phone call very indigent, 'Where are you I am going to be late'!! :laughing: The call was made a minute before I turned back into my drive and the mum wasn't even there she had taken the child to a friend.

She never behaved like that again!!

wendywu
09-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Do a RA on it, you are late so you are satressed and then you rush. That is the time you have accidents.

I never wait for parents if they are running late, they have to catch me up, i put the safety of the children that are in my care at the present time first and foremost.:mad:

lulubelle
09-02-2012, 10:10 AM
i am going to put on newsletter that if child is ill they must call before the child is due here! i have made him get straight in my car with no breakfast etc before because they were so late, i felt really bad sending him to school with no breakie but hey not my fault if they are 30 mins late!

dette
09-02-2012, 02:42 PM
today I had LO due at 7 20 but they arrived at 7 45 and another due at 7 45 who arrived at 8 10.I rush arround to get all my kids dressed and breakfasted,lunch boxes packed etc before they arrive and then im sat waiting getting more and more wound up.
both of these mindees need breakfast and neither of them are fast eaters ,teeth brushed and the little girl (4) needs her hair brushed and ponytail put in.which if they arrive on time is fine but they were still sat at breakfast table when i needed to put coats on ..grrrrrr.will suggest they move start time to a later one and feed their own kids before they get here.Lets see how much it slows them down.If i can get all my 7 kids washed dressed and organised by 7 30 ( to be fair my eldest is 21 but she is still hard to get up,though she does tend to dress herself now :))then how hard can it be to get one child just dressed...i do all the rest for them

The Juggler
09-02-2012, 02:45 PM
don't you dare feel guilty he had no breakfast before school - totally not your problem. feel sorry for little one hon but def. not your fault. parent MUST have known that if they brought late he'd go straight to school without brekkie.

poor little soul

Mollymop
09-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Unfortunately some parents are so wrapped up in their own world they don't think about us - she probably had a nice lay in while you were getting up waiting for him to come.:mad: So yes I would be peeved off too.
As the others have said, in future just go without them if they are not on time.

nikki thomson
09-02-2012, 04:37 PM
I just love it when I get a text in the hols when I don't need to get up as no school run etc 5 mins before lo is due to arrive to say lo has a sickness bug and has been ill since the previous evening!!!!!! Why can they not text me that night so I don't have to get up???? I only have the one lo so they know I'm getting up just for them as mine sleep in when there's no school, it really bugs me. X

lulubelle
09-02-2012, 05:17 PM
don't you dare feel guilty he had no breakfast before school - totally not your problem. feel sorry for little one hon but def. not your fault. parent MUST have known that if they brought late he'd go straight to school without brekkie.

poor little soul
Thank u! Made me feel a bit better!
On Thursdays and Friday's I pick his little brother up from nursery before 6pm so they can spend half hour longer at work so I text and said do i still need to or are you going to do it, she rang and said or c's in his pjs and i don't really don't want to get him dressed so can u pick him up from nursery and drop him home!!! She then said c's better but dont know if he's up to school tomorrow or not! Suddenly I am very busy tomorrow! She didn't sound happy!

lulubelle
10-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Well parents were meant to let me know if he's going to school or not and Suprise Suprise 20mins late and no show and no call! I am fuming and if they aren't here by 8.15 I am going out!