PDA

View Full Version : biten

jaytravis
08-02-2012, 04:53 PM
we were at the softplay today when another childminder mindee bit my mindee she told him off and made him sit near her ,she also told his mum when she came and she told him off and made him say sorry again. it was quite a bad bite bit through his jumper left a bruise . i held a cold compress to it and cleaned it with a antibactiral wipe from first iad box, then rang mum she was fine with it , looked about 30 mins later and there was a bit of broken skin, rang mum again she was fine with it, filled in accident form ,when dad came back he was very angry told him everything that had happened and he asked if i knew who it was told him i did but never named the other child but hes going on about what will happen to the other boy if the bite gets infected i said i dont think anything can happen to the other boy not sure what dad wants to do about the other boy i said they he had been told off , i can understand he is upset so am i , have i done everything right have said if mum wants to ring me later she can though i told her everything, i feel really bad it happened.

sillybeans
08-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Oh dear ... I can't think of anything I would have done differently.

As horrible as it is, dad is over reacting... what does he want, the child to serve jail time??? :eek:

jane5
08-02-2012, 05:47 PM
I dont think there is anything else you can do.

You cleaned it up, phoned mum, logged it in accident book, sounds like dad is angry which is understandable but children are not held responsible for their actions at that age.

It happened with one of my 2 year old minddees in soft play but I did not even know :eek:
I had 4 with me and I was on the equipment with them all. Its small and not a busy place and I go round with the 1 yr old and the other 3 go off or stay with us but are always in ear shot if not eye sight.
We had been as usual and got a phone call from mum that evening, lo had a bitemark which had bruised and broken the skin on his arm :eek:
I was shocked, it could only have happened there because I am within eyesight at all times at home but the child had not told me. He said it happened in the balls and that he shouted at the boy who did it.
I felt terrible but the lo had long sleeves on and had not cried. Thankfully the parents were fine but I felt really bad.

You can not wrap them up in cotton wool, only risk assess these situations.

ziggy
08-02-2012, 06:00 PM
you have done all you could, Dad is over reacting big time, try not to worry

Helen Dempster
08-02-2012, 06:06 PM
this reminded me of the time when my friend came to my house with her DS, who was about 1 at the time (I think). She fell down the step outside my back door and had a very small bump on her head. Mum was fine about it, but when dad came to pick them up....oh my goodness did he flip! "what's happened?" "should we take her to hospital?" "her eyes look funny" "do you think she's ok?" etc etc etc. Funny. You can't bubble wrap the kids, they will fall (in your case be on the receiving end of a bite), but it's one of those things. I'm sure your mindee will experience a variety of injuries (hopefully all minor and not whilst in your care!) But hey ho, that's life :)

boxtree7
08-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Wait till his little one bites ... it sounds like he is over top.