PDA

View Full Version : What would you charge??

adele1985
08-02-2012, 04:01 PM
ive just had an enquiery over the phone about childcare for a 11 month old every day 11.45 untill 1.45 starting in september

i dont normally charge hourly i charge either £30 full day, £20 half day or £10 after school, £7 before school (7.30 till 6 - including all meals, snacks and most outtings)

I said I would charge him £10 per day so £50 a week

Does this sound reasonable to you

He didnt sound impressed when i told him and just said he would get back to me:rolleyes:

rosebud
08-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Its VERY reasonable. I think he'll struggle to find anybody to do it and certainly anyone that will charge less than that. The child is effectively going to take a full days place just for those two hours AND will need lunch.
Don't worry if he doesn't phone back, its just not meant to be and you'd be selling yourself short to do it for any less.

sharonmanc
08-02-2012, 04:06 PM
I think you may find he gets back to you as that is very cheap for mid day care, because having the child will take up your under 1 space, and eat into your mornign and after noon sessions it will mean that it will affect taking on others and numbers, he will probably find that the majority of childminders will charge a minimum of 4 hours (I do), actually i charge a minimum of 6 hours over th emiddle of the day.

AgentTink
08-02-2012, 04:16 PM
I too agree you have given him a reasonable price. You would find it difficult to fill the hours around this child so in effect you would be losing a possible £100 a week as he is taking up your full time space.

Imagine that over a year £100 x 52 = £5200 :rolleyes:

Or on the other hand you may be like me and as i have my own little girl and a full time mindee that this job would have fitted in quite nicely until September to my requirements as i wouldnt want another child, so actually i would be making a extra £50 a week which over a year is £2600 :rolleyes:

adele1985
08-02-2012, 04:41 PM
I too agree you have given him a reasonable price. You would find it difficult to fill the hours around this child so in effect you would be losing a possible £100 a week as he is taking up your full time space.

Imagine that over a year £100 x 52 = £5200 :rolleyes:

Or on the other hand you may be like me and as i have my own little girl and a full time mindee that this job would have fitted in quite nicely until September to my requirements as i wouldnt want another child, so actually i would be making a extra £50 a week which over a year is £2600 :rolleyes:

i dont have any full timers at the mo, my mindees go to school at 12.30 and i collect again at 3.30 so it would fit in well for me at the moment :) but im not that botherd if he dosent phone back im enjouying my 3 hours off to much at the min lol :D

blue bear
08-02-2012, 06:01 PM
I've decided it's 6 hours minimum for me, he's very lucky to find someone to do 2 hours mid day for £10.

ziggy
08-02-2012, 06:03 PM
I wouldnt want to do those hours, i think you are being more than reasonable. Doubt he will find anyone willing to do it let alone for less

The Juggler
08-02-2012, 10:36 PM
i would only do it for a min of £20 day :)