PDA

View Full Version : car bump

handeme
08-02-2012, 02:08 PM
I have had the smallest of bumps today in my car, hardly any damaged to my car and nothing to there's. I have filled an incident form in, do I have to tell mindees parents. He did make a muffle x x

JCrakers
08-02-2012, 02:39 PM
If it was so small I wouldnt bother at all with telling anyone or writing anything down....but then thats probably not the RIGHT way to go about it???

Velleity
08-02-2012, 02:41 PM
I'd want to know if I was the parent.

handeme
08-02-2012, 03:33 PM
I am going to tell them I just wondered if it was a requirement to do so x

Suebb1
08-02-2012, 03:36 PM
I would definately tell them.( safeguarding and welfare requirements- incident book!)

sillybeans
08-02-2012, 03:38 PM
I know this wasn't your question but just FYI...

Not sure how small a bump it was but guidlines (back when I worked in car claims 8yrs ago) for car seats are that they should not be used again after an accident, even if there was very little damage to the car.

My understanding is that it has something to do with the seatbelt going tort (spl?) across the plastic on impact. This makes that part of the car seat weaker and therefore more vunerable in another accident.

Might be worth checking with your local car seat fitters, such as Halfords, what their opinion is ;)

handeme
08-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Really. I was travelling at 4mph? I could understand for a crash were the vehicle was going much faster.

Tealady
08-02-2012, 09:59 PM
I slowly reversed into a car parked opposite my drive with mindees on board.

I completed and accident/incident form, told parents & Ofsted. My motto.... Always cover your buttocks!