PDA

View Full Version : activities for inspection

chez
08-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Currently I have a 3 yr old mon - thurs, a 2 yr old mon and wed and a 6 mth old on tues.

Currently Ive kept themes rather loose, we have had times where we have not had any themes and explored diffrent themes and been totally child led through the resources that we have avaliable and other times where we have done this as well as had a background running theme i.e. we recently did a shape theme.

Will Ofsted be expecting us to be doing a theme?

Tatjana
08-02-2012, 01:28 PM
They won't expect a theme but they will ask along the lines of planning, activities and how you go about them. They seem to love the 'child led' examples you can give them.

chez
08-02-2012, 01:35 PM
What I do and works for my children is provide a range of resources that help support their next steps and likes for example I have a child in the setting who is partically keen on animals atm, one of his next steps is to be aware of things around him so Ive had the animal matching game out today, he is also doing phonics so each time we match one he says the first sound.

We also have a builders tray with rice to play in, LOs have been mark making in it, one child intrested in shapes has been making alot of shapes in it, one child has been hiding puzzle pieces and then refinding them and this morning I had hidden some animals we found them and then grouped them into family groups.

Sound like Im doing the right kinda thing??

sarah707
08-02-2012, 06:00 PM
our inspector liked our themes for the older children but with little ones she was very much looking for child-led play.

The things you normally do are best anyway or you end up with confused children :D