PDA

View Full Version : feeling quite pleased with myself...

jumping j
08-02-2012, 11:00 AM
I had an enquiry from a parent 2 weeks ago. Another child minder had passed my number on with the caution that the mum had made appointments with 3 other childminders and not turned up.
I got a call the same night asking if she could come round at 8.30am the next day, she turned up, LO was smiling and happy and she arranged a few trial mornings because of 'problems' with him settling previously.
Apparently at his last childminders he had screamed the whole time and the CM had called mum at work to come take him home:eek:. I was a little worried but thought I'd give it a shot. First day came and as warned he screamed, for the first 30mins, until my OH walked in, turns out the lo prefers men to women!!!
Anyway I agreed to give it another go, within 5 mins of mum leaving this time lo is smiling, giggling and splashing gloop all over the floor...looks like I've cracked this one quicker than I thought, he continued the rest of the day with a smile on his face, he even fell asleep cuddling into me.
Mum has signed the contract for one full day a week, moving to 2 in a few months and any extra days as they come up, and is very pleased that he's settled so quickly!!!
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: :clapping:

JCrakers
08-02-2012, 02:42 PM
:clapping: Yay

Well done...hope it continues to go well

Demonjill
08-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Well done you:thumbsup: that sounds like its going to work out just fine!

How old is the LO?

Suebb1
08-02-2012, 03:26 PM
HOw nice he has settled with you so quickly. Well done x

jumping j
08-02-2012, 05:03 PM
He was one last month but never really spent much, if any, time away from mum, dad and grandparents. He's coming back for a morning on Friday, just hope he continues being settled so we can try playgroup!!!

ziggy
08-02-2012, 06:06 PM
well done. I have taken on 10month old just one day a week. Today was her 2nd day/week, she was lovely, so smiley n happy. :)